Joyous Time of the Year...Or The Craziest (Christmas Special)

Freya watched as Merlin carefully hung their wreath on the front of their door, the coldness from outside almost numbing her. It was the holiday season and all of Camelot was bustling about, even though the sun just emerged from its slumber. Merlin finished hanging the wreath up, and stepped back to admire his work. 

"There. It's perfect," Merlin stated, placing his hands on his hips with a large smile.

"Merlin, the sun is up," Freya suddenly said. "You better hurry up and get Arthur's dinner before he wakes up."

"It's so hectic here, I'm sure that he won't notice if I'm gone," Merlin replied. "But you're right, Freya, I'll go."

Kissing Freya quickly on the cheek, Merlin took off towards the castle and towards Arthur's room. Weaving his way through passing servants, Merlin burst into Arthur's room.

"Arthur, I-"

Merlin stopped short as he noticed that Arthur and Gwen were already up and eating breakfast, Nila standing by. Merlin cleared his throat, and everyone's head turned towards him. 

"Ah, Merlin," Arthur stated, walking towards his friend. "You're late."

"Sorry Sire," Merlin apologized with a smile. "I was helping Freya decorate our home for the holidays."

Arthur only nodded, and Gwen approached Merlin.

"Why don't you take the day off, Merlin?" Gwen asked. "I was just about to give Nila the day off."

"Thanks Gwen!" Merlin thanked gratefully, just before he took off.

"Gwen, your kindness is going to be the death of you," Arthur muttered as Nila left.

Gwen only laughed in reply, and set off to get ready for the Holiday Feast.

***

As the day went on, more and more citizens were busily preparing for the yearly Holiday Feast. As the sun was setting, the citizens of Camelot were filing into the castle. As soon as the food was lain on the tables and everyone was seated, Arthur raised his glass for a toast. 

"Thank you all for coming to celebrate the ending of one peaceful year into another hopefully peaceful year," Arthur toasted. "To Camelot!"

"To Camelot!" everyone exclaimed. 

Chatter filled the air as the light from the candles danced on the wall. Arthur made his way to Merlin, who was in a conversation with Freya.

"Merlin," Arthur cleared his throat. "I have something for you."

Surprised, Merlin took the small box from Arthur's hands, and unwrapped it. In it was a red neckerchief that was embedded with sapphires. 

"Thanks Arthur," Merlin thanked. "It's as if you actually care about me."

"Don't flatter yourself," Arthur grumbled, folding his arms.

*** 

The night passed by in merriment, and soon Merlin and Freya were back home.

"This really is a nice neckerchief," Merlin replied, holding it up to a mirror.

"Yeah, it matches your eyes," Freya snickered.

Merlin laughed along with Freya as the moon shone high in the sky.

*Ahhhhhh....this was short too! Sorry everybody, but this was my Christmas Special. Hope you all enjoyed this short one-shot. Again, if anyone has any suggestions, write them down in the comments, and I'll be sure to credit you in the story!*