Magic Arthur (AU)

Arthur ran through the hallways, council papers in his hand. Merlin was sick, so he wasn't able to wake up on time. He was still wearing his night clothes, but he fixed his hair with his hands before rushing out of his room. Not paying attention, he rammed into a servant, sending his papers flying. 

"O-Oh, I'm sorry Sire," the servant murmured, standing up quickly. 

"No harm," Arthur replied. Then, noticing the servant's face. "What's wrong?"

"Y-Your papers, Sire," the servant stammered. "They're floating!"

Arthur's eyes widened as he saw that his council papers were floating in the air in front of the two of them. Arthur gasped and scooted away from the papers just as they fell to the floor.

"W-Was that you?" Arthur asked the servant.

"N-No," the servant answered.

Arthur sighed, picked up the papers, and stood up.

"Don't tell anyone about this, okay?" Arthur ordered.

"Why?" the servant asked in confusion. "Magic is legal now. It's okay for you to have magic."

"It's not that," Arthur replied. "We don't know if it was magic or not. I won't know until I get some help."

The servant nodded, bowed to Arthur, and hurried off. Arthur watched him leave before sighing again, and rushing off to the council meeting. 

***

Ur...

Arthur...

"ARTHUR!"

Arthur jolted up as Gwen said his name loudly.

"Y-Yes?" Arthur asked, giving his wife a small smile.

"Have you listened to anything they said?" Gwen asked worriedly.

"N-No," Arthur replied, his face turning red with embarrassment. "Can you repeat, Elyan?"

"Morgana and Freya were due back here a day ago, but we received no word from them," Elyan repeated. "We think that they may have been captured, but we are still uncertain."

"WHAT?!?"

Just as Arthur yelled, the chandelier that was above them crashed onto the round table, making everyone jump. Arthur paled as he looked at the ruined chandelier, swallowing nervously.

"W-What just happened?" Leon finally asked.

Without saying anything, Arthur hurriedly stood up, and ran out of the room, leaving questions in everyone's mind.

***

Merlin slowly raised his spoon with a shaking hand, while his other hand held his blanket tightly around him. Just as he was about to eat his soup, the door to his house slammed open, making him drop the soup on his pants. Angered, he looked up to see who had run into his house. His anger was soon replaced with confusion when he saw Arthur standing their, still in his night clothes and with fearful eyes.

"What's wrong, Arthur?" Merlin asked, putting his spoon down and standing up.

"Morgana and Freya might have been captured," Arthur replied, walking towards his sick friend. "I wanted to tell you that we are leaving once I get ready to look for them, and I will bring Freya back safely for you."

"Thanks Arthur," Merlin replied.

Arthur smiled at the warlock, and turned to leave.

"That's not all you wanted to talk to me about, is it?"