The Island

"Frickin son of a gun!" Amber exclaimed, angrily watching as Tony's boat sailed away. He had promised her he would help her find that amulet. And then he let her walk onto this island with nothing but the clothes on her back and left her. She should've known. After all that she had gone through, she should've known. Yet here she was, stranded on this island. She might as well go in and retrieve that amulet herself.

Overhead the sun glared down at her, heat coming off in waves. If Tony ever came back she would so shove this amulet in his face. Amber proceeded walking towards the line of trees. Somewhere in there was that amulet. And she was going to find it.

She picked up a fallen branch and surveyed it. It wasn't the best weapon but it had to be good enough. Then she started farther into the forest. According to map of the island they had looked over, the amulet was in the middle of the woods. All Amber had to do was find it. That's when she heard it.

"Help!" It was faint but she could still hear it. It was coming deeper inside the forest. There was someone else here too? Amber slowly walks towards the sound of it. "Help!" The voice sounded like....like...no. It can't be her....can it? "HELP!"

"Julie?" Amber called out. If her little sister was here she had to get her out. Silence. Dead silence until- "HELP!"
She was getting closer. Amber began to sprint towards the sound, growing more and more frantic. "Julie? Julie are you there?!"

That's when she sees the blood, mind racing. No no no no no! This can't be happening! She thinks, following the blood until she stops. Lying in the grass is Julie, neck slit with blood still pouring out of the wound. Amber drops the stick and rushes to her side. Julie is still gagging when she stops, her eyes glassy. "No! Julie? Julie!" Amber shakes her, desperately trying to believe it isn't true- that her sister isn't dead.

She doesn't notice the tiny worms crawling out of Julie's neck- her eyes, her mouth. She doesn't notice them begin to crawl towards her- not until she's too late. Not until they're already crawling inside her ears and her nose, taking the life from her too. "NOOO!!" Amber screams, gagging, hand clawing at her throat. Her eyes bulge one last time before she falls to the ground.

And in the darkness behind her laughter rumbles through the island.