Cloud Watching

Dear Gosh I really need to update sooner! Sorry it's been...um...how long has it been since I last updated? Well today, I'm going to try to give you guys two horror shorts in one day. Thank you all for being so patient! Here's the horror short!

I lay back on my towel, looking up at the sky. The clouds dotted the horizon, making shapes in the sky. From here I could make out a sailboat, a dragon, and...is that a skull? I blinked. It was still there. I swore I could see a hint of red around the edges. The skull also seemed to be grinning. I shook my head. That can't be right! It probably was a figment of my imagination.

I looked closer and to my relief the skull slowly faded away, being replaced by a bundle of clouds. I sighed and turned to grab my sunblock. Instead of sunblock, though, was a note in the shape of a skull. You'd better run before the wave drowns you, it said. I was a little frightened. This was a cruel prank. 

I went back to cloud watching when I heard someone scream.  "WAVE! WAVE!"

I sat up and glanced towards the ocean to see a gigantic wave coming right for me. I tried to get up and run but I couldn't move. All I could do was hold my breath as the wave came over me. The last thing I saw was a red skull grinning at me from the sky.