19 ✮ Outdoor Movies

Start from the beginning

"What?!" I got up from the floor and the pile of clothes, sitting on my lap, fell down. "I couldn't have. I-I was drunk. How could I be so imprudent?"

Soph laughed.

"Is this really true? Please don't tell me this is true."

"This is true." Opaline said each word with emphasis and I wanted the whole world to eat me up right now. How could I ever face him again? The embarrassment was too deposing. "How do you guys know?" I asked.

"Because while you were at school the day after ypur drunken night, Derek asked Will what his deal was with you." Opaline smiled. I'm guessing she told Soph about all this.

"D-Derek asked?" My eyes widened with humiliation. "And Will told you what I did and said while I was drunk! Why on earth would he do that?"

"Because Op asked if he liked you." Soph explained.

I stopped pacing the floor and stared at them. So they all knew that Will liked me even before all this. How could I be so naïve? I, out of all people, should have known that he was over Charlotte. I guess I just thought that Will giving any such interest in me would just be too good to be true.

Even though I knew the answer, I asked. "And what did he say?"

"He smiled." Op said and then Soph raised her hand. "I witnessed his unicorn flying, rainbow feeling smile once too. Trust me, when he smiles, he means it."

I couldn't help the happiness forming inside of me and to hide my blushing self from Soph and Opaline, I sat down in front of my closet again to fix my clothes.

"You know what would be fun?" Soph asked. "If we all celebrated the ending of that horrendous Winter Ball!"

"Oh my gosh, Soph," Opaline jumped off the bed and pulled me to my vanity. She immediately pushed me into my chair and started fixing my tangled, brown locks. "That would be so much fun! Now let me make you over, Shan Shan!" She demanded.

"Aw, that sounds exciting girls." My mom suddenly appeared at my doorway and awed at all of us. She was wiping her sweat with a towel signaling that she was done with her daily Pilates. "By the way, Shannon. Chris and I are going on a date tonight"-She switched her glance to Opaline and Soph-"So she's all yours for the night, girls!"

Soph flashed her the OK sign. "Thanks Mama Richelieu." My mom flashed the OK sign back to her and walked away, leaving me completely speechless. How did she not hear my telepathy signals of help? I had so much homework to do this weekend, especially since I put it off for the ball yesterday.

"Guys, as much as I'd love to celebrate-"

"Nope. You can't back out." Soph interrupted. She grinned seductively and then handed me a cute top and a flowery skirt. "You heard Mama Richelieu!"

"You're all ours for the night." Opaline pulled some strands of my hair to curl.

"I never have a say in these situations." I sighed. "Where are we even going?"

"Oh, there's this outdoor movie screening event happening tonight." Soph looked over at my limited shoe collection. I could tell she was shocked at the amount of shoes I had since she practically had a shoe store in her room. "They're playing Jaws."

"Oh, I love Jaws." I beamed.

"Perfect."

"We rich kids always go to the annual outdoor movie screening event." Opaline explained even though I gagged at the idea of me being categorized as rich. "Since it's always the day after the Winter Ball."