1 ✮ Wrong Restroom

Hi everyone! This is my very first story, so I hope you all like it. I'm sorry for all the mistakes, but I am human, so please be kind. Happy Reading 

*

*

"Good morning, Miss Richelieu."

I poked my head from underneath my satin pillows and gasped when I saw two maids gathered around my bed. I quickly sat up and tried to somewhat fix my very tangled, brown hair.

"Umm ... good morning?" I replied, shocked to see that there were two maids in front of my bed. I looked around pondering where I was until I remembered that my mom and I finally moved to Christopher's mansion in Beverly Hills.

And not just any Christopher. He was Christopher Vincent or otherwise known as THE Christopher Vincent, the two time Olympic gold medalist tennis player. My mom worked as a simple assistant to his coach, but I guess all those times she spent with him sprouted into a romantic rendezvous and then they got married. I couldn't blame her though, partly because dad left us to fend for ourselves a while back.

"Were you guys here the whole entire morning?" I asked.

"Oh no no no, Miss Richelieu, we just came here a few minutes ago to wake you up for breakfast." The maid with red hair spoke with a spontaneous pep and then she eyed the other maid to speak too.

"U-unless you want us to stay for the entire morning from now on?" The other maid with thick, black hair stammered in.

"No, no!" I quickly answered, getting up from my bed, "Honestly, I think I could just wake myself up from now on." They nodded their heads in unison and just stood there watching my every move. As I got up to brush my teeth, I could feel their glares following me and almost waiting for me to leave so they can clean my room.

'Okay, this is getting a bit creepy'

I was about to grab the door knob to get out when the maid with red hair beat me to it. She opened the door with a big smile. "Mister Vincent and Misses Richelieu are waiting for you downstairs at the dining hall."

I thanked her politely and hurried down the stairs before I could encounter another weird maid moment. Are these what rich people have to deal with every day? Maybe that's why they've grown so accustomed from the paparazzi always following them. Still, I could honestly say that I had never experienced such an awkward morning in my life before. This maid thing is something I definitely needed to get used to.

As I reached the dining hall, I could see my mom laughing at something my step dad said which made me smile. My mom hadn't been completely happy in a while (especially since my dad left us) and I was happy to sacrifice my life back in Los Angeles for her happiness. Even though, I was really missing my friends back home and even our cramped up apartment with all those pestering, old neighbors, I would give up anything for her. Besides, I liked Christopher and I thought he made my mom genuinely happy.

"So," I sat down next to my mom, "I now fully understand how Bella feels when Edward would watch her sleep at night."

"Well, you did ask for personal maids," My step-dad joked.

"I totally don't mind them cleaning my messy room, but I think I would wake up more peacefully knowing that I wasn't being watched."

Just then, a butler came out from the kitchen and handed me a plate full of eggs, bread, and pancakes. "We have prepared this for you this morning, Miss Richelieu." I licked my lips with pleasure as I began munching up the delicious food.

"See, I think it would take a bit to get used to this maid thing, but all this," I said in between bites, "I could most definitely get used to."

"Shannon!" My mom scowled at me, feeling embarrassed. She didn't want it to seem like we were taking advantage of all that Christopher has given us.