17 ✮ Door Opening Classes

When did my pillow get so soft?

I buried my face deeper into the satin pillow, feeling its softness. It was like I was sleeping on clouds. My mom must have finally gotten me some brand new pillows last night. At least, I know that she actually takes into consideration my complaints about my pillows feeling like rocks.

But why did my bed feel different too?

I fluttered my eyes open and tossed the brown, satin pillow away from my face. Thank you Momma for all the brand new stuff.

I stretched my arms out and pulled off the blanket on top of me with one swish. I sat at the corner of my bed and looked around to get my stuff ready for school. My prepared clothes were probably near my closet and I could imagine my homework still scattered all over my desk.

But wait a minute ... There was just one problem. Something didn't seem right.

This wasn't my room!

Freaking out, I yelped and tumbled onto the hardwood floor. I scanned around the unfamiliar room and panicked.

What was going on? Did I ... get kidnapped last night?

I tried to remember how I got here, but the last thing I could fully remember was finding a crying Karen at a lounge. Everything else seemed blurry.

I got down on my legs and crawled around the room, afraid to make too much noise.

I picked myself up when I hit my head in front of a very huge and fancy book case. Rubbing my head, I scanned the books that were displayed so perfectly side by side. My eyes skipped around the literature and government books until it fell upon a gold photo frame near the corner. I squinted my eyes to get a better look of the frame. It held a picture of a young boy in a black and white tux and a beautiful woman with long, curly brown hair whose glowing skin illuminated her dazzling, gray gown.

"Whoa." I whispered to myself. This woman was gorgeous. I actually would not mind if she was my kidnapper. Maybe I can even ask her about her skin care routine? Can kidnapees do that?

"Miss Richelieu."

A very light voice spoke out from behind me. Startled, I turned around to face 10 maids in front of me and my mouth dropped down.

Is this some kind of maid fandom?

"Uh..." I nodded my head, "Yes?"

How did they know my name?

"You're finally awake." Another maid spoke out right when I noticed that the bed, I slept on, was already made. How did I not hear them entering into the room?

"He's been so worried." The maid with the red-hair spoke with a relieved tone to another maid. "He took care of her all night."

"He?" I overheard them.

"Mr. Prescott." The other maid smiled.

"Mr. Prescott?" I repeated. They must've seen how weird I looked because I stood there, pondering why that name seemed familiar. Then, my eyes widened.

William Prescott was my kidnapper.

Some flashes of memories from last night entered into my head and I cringed at the memories. It all made sense now. I remember seeing Will enter the lounge with his uncle, but after that ... I don't really remember.

Oh dear. I really, really hope I didn't do anything stupid last night.

"Mister Prescott"-A maid pointed at the door as I stood still, nearly hyperventilating-"is downstairs in the kitchen. Would you like us to inform him that you are awake first?"