3 ✮ I Can Be Tough Too

After a few days, William Prescott had managed to either skip the Politics class entirely or show up really late just to turn in stuff. Mister Jennings seemed to give no care since it was Will's own fault if he failed the class. But of course, it was a great disadvantage to me because I didn't have a partner to work with. Especially since the dreadful day finally came when Mister Jennings assigned us our first partner paper and because of his almost impossible grading policy, I had to get an A on all my papers to get an A in this class. But first, to get an A on my paper, I needed Will. Which meant, whether I like it or not, I had to work with him for the sake of my grade.

I needed this A badly.

I yawned and stretched my arms as I crowded with the rest of the students to exit the Fine Arts building. I was so stressed about this whole Politics dilemma that I actually couldn't sleep last night. And also since I ate a huge pack of Red Vines, but hey, that's not the point.

"Well, that contemporary dance class was absolutely dreadful," Soph walked beside me, taking her blonde hair out of the high bun she had on for dance class.

"Really, I didn't think it was too bad."

"Yeah, probably because you were actually amazing at it," She argued, "I can't believe your last time dancing was in sixth grade and you can still perfectly do a barrel turn."

"Well, I never really stopped dancing, until like sophomore year when I started wasting my money on food instead of classes," I laughed. We were on our way to the parking lot when I realized that my backpack felt lighter.

"Your dancing reminds me of Aunt-"

"Crap," I interrupted Soph, when I didn't see my Statistic book in my backpack "I forgot my Stat book in the Dance room," I called out to her, already walking back to the school, "I'll see you tomorrow!" I waved good-bye to her and rushed back towards the Fine Arts building.

I walked back into the empty halls and rushed to the Dance room so I wouldn't keep my chauffeur waiting for me. I was almost to the room when I heard some people talking in one of the Dance rooms. Thinking it was just some dance teachers, I didn't really acknowledge it until I heard a familiar voice.

"You have got to stop visiting me here." A female voice echoed loudly from the dance room to the slightly opened door. And because of my stupid curiosity, I thought it would be absolutely okay to peek through the windows of the room.

"Charlotte." Will's voice came up. My eyes widened when I saw him standing there! I knew I heard a familiar voice.

"No, I'm serious, we're done Will, it's been three weeks already since we broke up" She pushed him away from her and sat down in front of the mirror, "I have to start practicing."

It was silent for a moment until Will started shouting, "So, that one year of being together means absolutely nothing to you?!" He tossed some dance books, aligned neatly on a shelf, down with a swift of his hand, "You won't even tell me the real reason for leaving me?"

"I'm sorry," Charlotte sighed, "I just don't love you anymore, so please leave me alone." And with that she grabbed all her stuff in a hurry and rushed out the door.

I was so shocked at the conversation that I didn't realize her leaving the door so quick. Luckily, she passed through the other way without seeing me and I wiped away my nervous sweat from my forehead. Why did I have to be such a curious little cat? But I couldn't help glancing over at Will. If I didn't despise this conceited jerk, I would actually feel bad for him. Opaline and Soph did mention him breaking up with Charlotte so I guess he's just not over her yet.

Ugh, the look on his face was just so terrible though. He looked like that girl just ripped out his whole heart with every step she took away from him.