19 ✮ Outdoor Movies

Chapter Nineteen - Outdoor Movies

"It's over!" Opaline splayed herself across my bed and stretched her arms out with happiness. "No more small-talk. No more business. No more investments. No more preparing." While she stretched, my teddy bears and plush dolls fell to the ground and I tossed it back on my bed. She laughed, catching my teddy bear, and apologized.

"For now." Soph spoke the obvious truth as she spun around on my desk chair while filing her perfectly manicured fingernails.

"Ugh, don't remind me Soph." Opaline whined.

"My father gave me hell because of that whole incident with Scott and Will." She stopped filing her fingernails and looked over at me. "But I guess it was worth it."

Opaline laid on her stomach while hugging my teddy bear. "It was most definitely worth it."

"I'm sorry." I apologized. I was currently trying to fix the clothes in my closet so I would be distracted from replaying what happened last night over and over again in my head. Stupid Will. He never leaves my mind.

"Don't be." Soph smiled. "At least Will finally got the balls to tell you."

"Yeah." I sighed. "But I didn't." Although Will's confession made me feel tingly and happy inside, the aftermath was absolutely terrible. I wanted to desperately tell him that I had feelings for him too, but my tongue was tangled, my ability to speak was inexistent, and I was sweating with anxiety that my hands felt clammy. So I untangled myself from him and paced the floor, trying to tell him that my mom needed me home right away. Why did I always have to be so nervous?

Of course, he was a bit disappointed at my reaction, but he refused to let anyone take me home, except for him. So, he drove me home (Although, it was quite silent the whole entire time) and then I knew I had to do something to assure him that I wasn't dissatisfied at his confession. When he parked, I tossed out all my doubt and grabbed his hand in mines.

"I have to tell you something too." I whispered and he looked over at me cautiously, as if something were about to explode. My heart, maybe.

"Go ahead." He said.

"I'm so nervous." I whispered and he laughed at me with the laugh I fell in love with.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. Jeez, why couldn't I just tell him three simple words? I. Like. You. Wasn't it supposed to be easy?

He seemed to sense my uneasiness because he let go of my hand. "It's okay." He smiled and walked around his car to open the passenger door. "Tell me when you're ready." He assured me and went back to his seat to drive back to the party.

"You know, you told him already, right?" Soph interrupted my reminiscing thoughts. She began filing her fingernails again.

"Right." I ridiculed. "Maybe in my dreams."

"You told him when you were drunk that night with Karen." Opaline tossed a pillow behind my head.

"That night with Karen?" I looked at both of them, confused. Come to think of it, I really don't remember what happened that night and Will did tell me that I tried seducing him that night. But I couldn't have?! I couldn't be that stupid while I was drunk? They exchanged glances at each other.

"That"-I pointed at both of them as if they committed a crime- "You both just gave each other a look!"

Opaline shrugged her shoulders, but I could tell she was trying her hardest to restrain laughter. "You told him that you were jealous of him and Charlotte and then you tried kissing him."