5 ✮ You're a Handful [W i l l]

-Will's Point of View-

"You're a contemporary dancer, yet you don't know how to dance regularly?" I chuckled while trying to guide her clumsy footsteps. Dammit, I just told her she was a contemporary dancer even though she never told me she was one.

I sneaked a peek her way only to see her watching herself fall on her own feet. Well, it looks like she didn't notice.

I remember staying late at school one day to avoid my dad at home. He was rarely home, but he needed to pick up some stuff before going to back San Francisco for who knows what.

So, I walked aimlessly around Atriele Academy to kill some time and that's when I saw her dancing alone at the Fine Arts Building. I avoided this building for a while because of Charlotte, but when I noticed someone dancing through the outside window, I couldn't help myself.

I was shocked when I saw Shannon dancing.

She danced just like Charlotte, except that she would laugh whenever she fell down.

Why was she such an interesting person to watch?

"I'm a work in training," She fought back playfully and I almost forgot that I was still dancing with her.

For a while, we actually started having a normal conversation together. I couldn't believe that the annoying girl from the Boutique was in fact pretty interesting. When she first asked me about the pretend girlfriend deal, I was absolutely against it, but for some reason, I had to comply with her. I needed to know why Charlotte broke up with me and most importantly why I caught her talking to my dad the day before she broke up with me. I just new she wasn't in love with someone else; she didn't fall in love that easily.

I tried visiting her many times after the break up, hoping she would tell me, but she never did. I wanted her explanation and no one else's. She just can't leave me like that without a reason. I didn't want her to be like all the other women in my life.

All of a sudden, I could hear someone crashing to the floor and crying out with pain. She was rubbing her ankle, crying out that she twisted it. I could see the crowds starting to surround someone and once I saw a hint of blonde, curly hair, I let go of Shannon and quickly ran to Charlotte. Maybe, it was my first instinct, but I ran to her yearning to hold her and make sure she was okay. Even though she broke up with me, I couldn't help but leave her alone. I still cared for her.

She saw me approach her and wiped some tears away from her eyes. "Will." She whispered.

I quickly grabbed her from the floor and she rested her head on my chest. Everyone just silently watched us as Derick came running up to us, "Hey Charlotte! Are you okay?" He motioned the live band to start playing again so people could go back to dancing. He took us to the side so Charlotte could have a chance to breathe from the crowd.

"I just need fresh air," She winced when she touched her ankle, "Someone accidentally pushed me while I was dancing and I fell down twisting my foot."

"I'll take care of her," I declared. From my peripheral vision, I could see Shannon inching toward us, but then deciding to stop, "Tell Shannon that I'll be back-"

"Ugh," Charlotte cringed and Derick motioned us to the front door. But before we could open the door, Scott Chandler came rushing in late. He was always late to the parties.

"Oh well, hello," He weirdly eyed Charlotte in my arms and hugged Derick, "Happy birthday, bro!"

"Thanks! Charlotte hurt her ankle," Derick clarified to the latecomer, "Will's going to take her outside to get some fresh air." Scott looked at me and raised an eyebrow.