2 ✮ Gem Girl

"It's a bit overwhelming, isn't it?"

A voice spoke from behind me and I turned my head to face a very handsome, blonde guy standing a few feet away from me. His backpack was held with only one hand which he flung to the back and he wore the typical Atriele Academy white button down shirt. Only he wore it with just a few buttons open to embellish a bit of his brawny chest.

He must've noticed that I was staring at him because he grinned pleasingly. Dammit Shannon, you have got to control your hormones around these gorgeous, wealthy men.

"U-um," I staggered and looked away quickly, "Yeah, just a little bit." He laughed and we both looked at the huge, prominent school before us.

"Scott Chandler." The guy pulled his hand out towards me. I shook his hand, but I was more focused on his handsome smile. His smile was so mesmerizing that I'm pretty sure I stood there holding his hand for a good minute or so. When I finally came back to my senses, I quickly pulled back my hand and tucked a stranded brown hair behind my ear.

Can I be any more embarrassing?!

"Typically after the whole handshake thing, people would usually give me their name," He joked, "But I mean, if you're playing that hard to get then I do love challenges."

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I looked back at him, "My name is Shannon."

"Ah, THE Shannon Richelieu Vincent. You're the new gem I've been hearing all about."

"Wow, word travels very fast in Beverly Hills." I huffed.

"Word didn't tell me that the new gem was quite beautiful so I guess it isn't as fast as you think it is."

I blushed and adjusted my backpack to avoid looking at him. Jeez, you rich boys and your attractive charms. I never know how to act in situations like these. I guess I'm so awkward around boys sincr I've never had a boyfriend before. Well, unless you count that one time in sixth grade when Jimmy asked me out and even though I never really understood the whole dating thing, I said yes. I cringed remembering how my first kiss consisted of two braces getting stuck together and crying. Let's just say that I wasn't the one crying.

"Are all Atriele Academy boys this nice?" I asked.

"Please," He escorts me into the school, "I'm one of a kind, Gem girl." He smiled and then proceeded to tour me around the school. He pointed out all the different buildings and gave me an overview of the classes I was taking. I was surprised at how much he knew about the school.

After the mini tour, we found my first period class: Politics. The one class that I would definitely struggle in. "Well, this is it," He steps aside from the door and starts taking a few steps away, but before I reach out for the door knob, I call out to him, "Thanks," I smile, "for touring me around and everything."

He waves back at me, walks a few feet, and then turns back around, "Gem girl!" He calls out to me before I open the door, "Welcome to Atriele Academy!"

Luckily, the bell rang just seconds after I found my seat. There were gold plaques on each of our desks with our names engraved on it. It reminded me of how Christopher was telling me that a lot of rich entrepreneurs donated to this school because of its status of upholding the heirs and heiresses of this world.

"Fellow students, welcome to Politics. My name is Mister Jennings and I will be your teacher for this class. To further educate you in the understanding of Politics, I have assigned you with a partner for the whole year. Your partner and you will be doing many things together like touring the White House or maybe, working on a legislative government paper, so both your grades depend on each other. Go ahead and introduce yourselves to your partners sitting next to you." I looked at the seat next to me to introduce myself, but of course, I would get a partner who wasn't here on the first day.