15 ✮ Beach House Blues PART TWO

Pauline laughed after Charlotte's scandalous dare to Scott. "I hope you don't like offend some girls here." She playfully joked, although it seemed as if there was a hint of seriousness eminent in her tone. Everyone busted into laughter at the stupid dare, but all I could pay attention to was how Will's body stiffened on the couch beside me. Oh and not to mention that my heart was doing somersaults inside of me and that I thought I was going to have a heart attack right then and there.

I stared blankly ahead and subtly tried to hide my trembling lips behind the wool blanket.

He wasn't going to kiss me, right? Just because he said he wasn't holding back, doesn't mean he meant that he was holding back in doing anything to me, right? He could've meant anything -holding back on pizza, holding back on video games ... you know. I mean, it's not like he ever tried kissing me before.

Oh wait ... He did.

Scott scanned the room with a mischievous grin on his face and rubbed his chin. He looked rather eager to complete his dare.

At that moment, I didn't know what I wanted to do more, which was either a) magically transform into a snake and slither away from the group or b) call out for Captain America to save me (and not just because he was downright gorgeous), or c) allow myself to face whatever comes next.

"Easy." He proclaimed and stood up with a jump to his step. He looked around one more time until his eyes fell on mines. His grin widened.

Uh ... Captain America? Where are you right now?

He slowly walked across the room where I was seated and my heart beat with each step he took towards me.

Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it.

He stopped in front of my couch and I could've sworn I felt Will's hand clenching beside my leg. I held in my breath and pretended I couldn't feel his presence looming over me. He was close enough that I could smell the daily cologne he wore -something that definitely smelled like men.

My heart thumped in my chest and I could feel Scott leaning closer to my face that I lost all my senses to either panic or freak out. It was like my brain completely shut down and all I could do was shut my eyes forcefully, to rid myself on seeing what the consequences were.

All of a sudden, before I could almost feel myself fainting from holding my breath, he chuckled and turned his face to peck someone beside me. I opened one of my tightly shut eyes and saw that Cory was wiping his check in disgust.

Everyone broke into laughter, which sounded more like those uncomfortable laughs you do in awkward situations, and Cory whined. "Gross, man."

"You didn't specify if it had to be a girl or a guy." He shrugged at a wide-mouthed Charlotte and sat back down on his chair as if he had just accomplished something great.

"Maybe truth and dare wasn't that great of an idea?" Opaline finally said after the awkward silence filled the room.

"It was like worth a try, you know?" Pauline shrugged, before breaking into a conversation with Derick about something to do with Atriele Academy's popularity hierarchy.

Everyone soon caught up with the flow and made conversations amongst each other, even though it seemed as if, I, was the only one who was still freaked out about what just happened.

Scott had almost kissed me!?

If he had moved a little bit closer to my face, our lips would have been touching!

Scott ... was not holding back anymore.

I sat expressionless in the couch for a good minute or too, having a conscious war in my head about the kiss, that I didn't even notice that the weight of the couch lifted. I fluttered back to reality just to see Will storming out of the house.