9 ✮ Bloody Knuckle [W i l l]

-Will's Point of View-

'Why did I buy this?'

I fiddled with the necklace in my hand.

'Or more importantly, why did I buy this for her?'

I twirled the diamond-shaped pendant around so that the engraved name Shannon glistened when the moonlight hit it from the window. I still couldn't believe I went all the way back to that town and bought this for her. What was I doing?

I expediently put it back into my pocket when I saw someone approaching me.

"Mr. Prescott," The owner of Cummings Business came up to me and smiled, "Delighted to finally meet you. I'd love to become a partner with your most famous company."

"Well, we'd absolutely love to partner with you, Mr. Cummings." I answered politely.

"Is your father here also?" He chimed in. I cringed when he said the word father, but quickly removed it from my mind. I had to act very professional among these famous business men because Prescott Industries needed more business allies alongside them.

"Will," My uncle appeared from the crowds of business men, apologized to Mr. Cummings, and pulled me aside, "You're doing great, kiddo. You're a pure charm." He handed me a glass of champagne from the waiters walking around the fancy hall.

"Believe it or not, he's actually a people-person." Karen appeared next to us and grabbed champagne for herself. She patted me on the back before turning back around to talk to some people.

My uncle followed behind her as I looked around for Shannon. Drinking champagne made me remember that I brought her along with me. I invited her along to the business convention so she wouldn't be alone at the hotel room. She told me she just wanted to sit down at one of the tables, but she wasn't near any of them.

I started walking around to search for her when someone stopped me.

"William!" A random man hugged me, "Mister Jacobs." He introduced himself.

"Mister Jacobs," I shook his hands, "A pleasure."

"You're business has surely grown immeasurable. I hope you pass my greetings to your father."

"I-I will, Mister Jacobs." I stuttered, "Our Company is thankful to be partnered up with Jacobs Industries."

"No, no. Our company is most thankful for Prescott Industries. You have done great things for our company name."

"It's our delectation, sir." I respond.

"You are such a young, refined man. You know I have a daughter about your age. I think you guys should definitely meet one day."

I didn't really catch what he was saying because I finally caught a glimpse of Shannon from the corner of the hall, talking to a very touchy waiter. I could feel my face fill up with anger when he touched her arm. WHAT THE HELL.

"If you could please excuse me." I gritted my teeth, completely ignoring his last few statements.

"Oh, of course, you must have a lot of business inquiries to attend-"

I trailed away, not letting Mister Jacobs finish, and stormed my way to Shannon. This guy better think twice before flirting with her!

As I approached the two, I could hear Shannon panicking. "I-I'm sorry, but I have a boyfriend."

"Come on," He grabbed her arm forcefully, "Stop with the lame excuses."

"L-let go of my arm." She pleaded and I vigorously released his grip and looked at him with enmity. Who the hell did this man think he was?