10 ✮ Chicken Suits

Where was he?

A poke on my arm.

Where was he?

Another poke on my arm.

Where was he?

"Shan Shan!" Opaline suddenly yells, pulling me back into reality. I look around confused for a second before realizing that I was next to Opaline and we were in front of the lockers.

Last thing I heard from her was something about her father and a jacket being way too expensive for its quality or something like that. I couldn't believe I zoned off again. I started feeling super bad about how she must feel so mundane that I couldn't even pay attention to her.

I sincerely apologized for dozing off on her for the 100th time this week. I was such a terrible friend. I had my hand on the same English book for the past minute staring aimlessly into the darkness of my locker instead of listening to her.

"Is that whole Will dilemma still bugging you?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

I stared at her intently before slightly nodding my head. I decided to tell Soph and Opaline about the huge fight Will and I had. Of course, I decided to leave out most details like Will's father, since it wasn't my call to say anything about his private life (I wasn't even supposed to see it, anyways)!

It had already been a week since he left me stranded in San Diego, only to have his uncle take me home. At first, I was very angry and resentful towards Will, but now I was just worried since he hadn't contacted or visited me in any way possible. But then again, why would he? He exploded in front of me and I didn't know what to say or what to do. A part of me can't help but think that I've possibly made it worse for him. I felt even more terrible when Soph said that this was the first time that he's completely gone off the radar. I couldn't help but ponder where he was or what he was doing?

Why was he making me feeling this way?! It hurt so much not knowing whether he was safe or not.

"When I find him," Opaline fumed, "I will beat him up so hard that he won't be able to see the light of day the next morning!" I had to practically grab her arm before she could angrily kick the trash can in front of us, which made me chuckle and realize how much I loved Opaline. I had the greatest friends in the world and I was just dozing off on them and thinking only about myself.

She awed at me when I smiled at her as if it was all so foreign to her.

"Oh my gosh, Yay!" She cheered while hugging me, "Make Shan Shan smile"-She drew an imaginary check in the air-"Check."

I hugged her back and let out a long sigh. I felt so bad that I've been so unresponsive to Soph and Opaline this whole week, especially when they tried their hardest to make me feel happy. "I'm sorry I've been like this lately. It's just ... I've been sort of worried about him. Where do you think he could be?"

"I don't know, but wherever he's at," She huffed as we began walking through the hallway, "He's probably thinking of ways to apologize to you, right now."

That's what I felt so confused about.

I just don't get why I'm so concerned over all this? He's the one that yelled at me and left me at San Diego all by myself. Shouldn't I be the one angry and running away from him instead of worrying about him so much my brain was practically close to self-destructing?

Why Will? Seriously, why were you making this so difficult? Just as I could see the real you sprouting out, you turn back into the same jerk you once were. Just when I thought I could possibly have feelings-