The Darkest Day of Barry's Life

"Dad? Not again not again." Barry was sobbing. "Dad! Come on. Come on. Come on. It's all right."

There was no response from Henry as his head went limp. Dakota had tears streaming down her cheeks and her two lightning swords grew in her hands.

"No, Dad."

"I told you family was a weakness. You feel the anger, don't you Flash?" Jay murmured looking down at him. "And now, the two of us are the same."

Barry launched himself at Zoom, "No! No!"

"There you go Flash, use your anger. Just like I did."

The two of them disappeared and Dakota rushed out to follow them. She met them in an alley where Barry was holding Zoom by the collar with his hand vibrating ready to kill him.

"Barry." She said.

A hand shot through Zoom's chest and it was Zoom. "So close, Barry."

"Another time remnant." Dakota murmured coming to stand by Barry.

"You see Barry, there could be two of you. You just have to be willing to kill yourself." As Zoom talked a small ball of lightning was sparkling in Dakota's hand. "Yeah, you're almost ready."

Dakota threw the ball and it hit Zoom. He stumbled backwards and disappeared from their sight.

****

Everyone stood over Henry's coffin on a rainy day and listened to the minister. "And comfort us today with the word of your promise as we return our brother to the earth, and leave us with the hope, that, one day, we'll meet again." The minister left to let Barry speak.

Matty stood by Griffin and her father while Dakota stood under the same umbrella as Barry.

"Um...my father's...." He tried to say. "I can't do this right now."

Dakota grabbed his hand, "It's okay." She glanced at Joe and he nodded to her, to let her speak. "Henry was the first person I told about me being a vigilante. He didn't judge me, he didn't try to talk me out of it. He was just there for me. Henry was like another father to me, always gave me advice and in return I promised I would look out for his son. And that's what I intend to do."

"Henry Allen. Henry suffered two great losses in his life. He lost his wife Nora, and he lost Barry. He suffered guilt, embarrassment, ridicule, shame, and everything that comes with being blamed for a crime he didn't commit. Henry Allen was proof that love can get you through the darkest of days, and that love will keep him alive in all of our hearts."

Barry and Dakota both grabbed roses and knelt in front of his coffin.

"I'm gonna find him, Dad. I promise you, I'm gonna take from him what he took from you."