New Member

STAR Labs

"So Slick wasn't in the city the night the accelerator exploded." Dakota and Matty walked into the Cortex.

"Whoa...." He murmured.

Barry came from around the corner, "He's lying."

Matty glanced between him and the suit, "So you're the...cool. But sorry dude he's a dirtbag and an arsonist but he's not lying. He's not a meta."

"Maybe he has a doppelgänger. This whole Earth 2 thing is starting to make sense." Kota suggested.

Yesterday's surprise broadcast from a Star City vigilante who's calling himself the Green Arrow has spawned a massive outcry of both support and dissenters.

"Way to go..." Dakota complemented.

"Catchy." Barry added.

"I hate it when they put colors in their names." Cisco grumbled.

Dakota tapped Matty, "Come on. Let me show you around."

As they left the Cortex, "I can't believe your fiancé is the Flash."

Dakota led him into her training room to see that it was all redone with stands for all of her weapons and a note on the wall.

In case you ever want to get back in the field. -Cisco and Barry P.S. Place your hand on the wall.

Dakota glanced at Matty who shrugged and she set her hand on the wall. The wall opened up next to her to reveal her old Blue Arrow suit along with her bow and arrows.

"You were the-"

"Blue Arrow. But I stopped. I had to." Kota hit a button and the wall shut.

"Why?" He asked.

"You don't wanna know." She set the note down. "Anyway you can put your bag somewhere. I pretty much camp out a lot of my weapons here. I can teach you how to fight."

"I know how to fight." Matty dropped his bag by the wall and crossed his arms.

She smirked and stepped away from the weapons wall, "Pick your poison."

He grabbed a wooden staff off the wall and spun it in his hand, "Aren't you gonna pick something?"

Kota got in her stance and shook her head.

The two fought for a few minutes before Matty pinned her to the ground with the staff at her neck.

"Ha. I win." Matty smirked.

Barry stood in the doorway with his arms crossed, "Give it a sec."

Matty glanced back at him, "Wha..."

Dakota slammed her wrists down at the ends of the staff, snapping it in half and smacked her elbow into the side of Matty's head throwing him to the side. She rolled to her feet and winked at Barry who just laughed.

Matty sat up and groaned, "I'm bleeding."

Kota fake frowned and looked up at her boyfriend, "What's up?"

"Slick took Patty and Jay is gonna teach me how to save her. Gear up." Barry announced and left the room.

Dakota helped Matty stand up and gave him a band aid and an ice pack.

"Wow. You do not mess around. Guess I should've went with the metal one." Matty looked at the wall.

"No. The metal one is mine. No one uses it. I just used the wooden ones for light training." Dakota explained as they walked into the Cortex with their tac bags.

Cisco stood in front of them with two pairs of black leather fingerless gloves, "These are designed so you're able to hit Sand Demon in case Barry fails."

Dakota slipped them on, "How will they feel on a normal person?"

Matty's eyes widened just before Kota tried to punch him but he ducked and lashed out with his foot. She blocked his kick and tripped him up so he fell.

"Guys, cool it. Seriously." Cisco grabbed Dakota's shoulder.

Matty smirked and stood up, "I'm catching on."

"No you're not." Kota grabbed her tac bag and set it on the table.

"Dude she's got all kinds of things up her sleeve." Cisco chuckled as he skimmed for Slick. "Barry's downstairs trying to learn who to throw lightning."

"Throw lightning?" Matty raised an eyebrow.

"Barry's gonna hurl lightning from the energy he creates when he runs. Because lightning plus sand equals glass. So essentially he's turning him into a statue." Dakota explained to her partner.

Matty nodded, understanding.

****

Cisco ran into the Cortex as Dakota and Matty were in her truck driving through the city, "I know where she is!"