Advice from Dig

The team, Caitlin, and Barry assembled at a part of the Central City harbor where a Flash lure waited on a booey.

"I stuffed the lure with enough tranqs to knock him out for a month." Cisco said over the comms.

"Should make him a lot easier to reel in." Barry pointed out.

"And that container?" Dig asks. "Is it strong enough to hold him?"

"It's promethium metal. It's impenetrable." Wells replies standing over Cisco.

"Let's go fishing." Dakota looks to her team. "Spread out. Shoot anything that moves. Go for the nose."

"Water is this monster's natural habitat. He's going to be a lot stronger here. You sure about this?" Dig sets his rifle on his shoulder.

"This ends tonight."

****

Hours goes by and the teams are still at the docks waiting for King Shark.

"You okay Barry?" Dakota murmurs coming up to stand next to him.

"Ever since Zoom beat me here and on Earth-2 I've been running away from things not towards them. That needs to change." Barry replies with disappointment in his voice.

"We'll get you there." Dakota says encouragingly.

"Are you going to be there too? I've noticed a lack in use of the speed force." Barry asks her.

Dakota glances down at her feet, "I'm not there yet, but I will be."

"Incoming!" Cisco announces over the comms.

King Shark launches himself out of the water and bites the Barry dummy. He lands back into the water and the team waits for him to reappear.

"Reel him in!" Barry orders.

Dig hits the button and the reel starts to bring him in. "Get ready to fire!" The reel stops and everyone notice that's it's just the dummy; the shark is nowhere to be found.

The man-shark jumps out of the water and lands on the docks as the team begins to fire. Once they realize it's not doing anything, they all stop.

"Guns won't stop me Flash. I'll kill you, then I'll kill all of them." King Shark threatens.

"Let's do this then!" Barry takes off across the water.

Everyone watches as Barry runs around King Shark, electrifying the water and finally shoots him with a blast of lightning, rendering the man-shark unconscious.

Barry skids to a stop on the docks, "Now we can reel him in."

Matty's jaw dropped, "I've never seen you run on water."

Diggle laughs, "Trust me, man. You won't get used to it. Hell of a catch Barry."

"Yeah. Let's just make sure he's not the 'one that got away.'" Barry told Lyla.

"Don't worry, we won't let that happen ever again." Lyla replies.

"What are you gonna do with him?" Caitlin asks Lyla.

"I don't know yet. But one thing's for sure, ARGUS's plans to turn King Shark into a weapon, died with Amanda Waller." Lyla insisted. "Our time will be better spent, learning about him and maybe cure him."

"You could use him as a mascot." Dakota suggests. "Strike fear into the hearts of your enemies."

Lyla smiled at Dakota's joke, "Nice to see you again. Thanks for your help."

Barry turns to Dig, "Thanks a lot Dig."

"Hey, thank you. We got Lyla her first win, and I got to watch you run on water. It was biblical." Diggle smirks at his own joke. "Look, Barry, when I was in Afghanistan, I lost a lot of friends, brothers. So losing Jay, I know what it feels like. Question yourself. Blame yourself for his death. And that guilt, it can tear you apart, trust me, man, you got to get control of it or it'll rip you up inside. Let it guide you so it never happens again."