52 #$!@%* Breaches

STAR Labs

"Pretty amazing isn't it?" Cisco began. "Still can't believe what I'm looking at."

"52 breaches in Central City and the biggest one happens to be in our basement. Fantastic." Dakota grumbled crossing her arms.

"We need a name for it." Cisco stood back from Dakota as she stood really close to the breach eyeing it carefully.

"It's not a pet Cisco." Caitlyn snapped. "Dakota you shouldn't stand so close."

"It's a wormhole." Stein said as he hobbled into the basement.

"Professor Stein what are you doing?! Your blood pressure is 147 over 82! You could pass out again!" Caitlyn scolded rushing to him. "And for god's sakes Dakota get away from the breach!"

Dakota raised her hands in defense and stepped away, "Fine."

"It's a few points over the average for men of my age. Besides I have some ideas that I'd like to contribute." Stein pointed out.

As they went on in their discussion Dakota felt, different. She felt drawn to the breach and drawn to the Speed Force. Despite what Caitlyn said Kota thinks the Speed Force is still inside her but untraceable in her blood.

She snapped out of her thoughts when Barry was on the ground after trying to run through the breach.

"It's not stable." She said. "Once it's stable then you can run through it."

Caitlyn grabbed her arm and started to drag her out of the basement, "I need to check your ribs."

The two headed up to the Cortex and Dakota stripped off her shirt. Her ribs were still covered in bruises but they looked better than when it first happened.

"They're healing quite nicely." Caitlyn pointed out.

"How you holding up?" Kota asked. "You doing okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" She asked as she listened to Kota's labored breathing.

"The whole thing with Ronnie. I'm really sorry." Dakota put her shirt back on. "I have to head to work. Thanks Caitlyn."

Precinct

Dakota sat in Barry's lab on the phone with him, "Matty and I just caught a case. He's coming to the lab so we can work on it."

"Cisco's working on a location." Barry continued. "I'll see if I can come by later. Hey....I love you."

Kota smiled, "I love you too."

Matty walked in with the box of evidence, "Since you didn't feel like working in your office. I brought everything."

Dakota sat up, "Let's get started!"

Downstairs

Patty and Joe were sitting at their desks going through files.

"So...." Patty began looking up at Joe. "Does Barry have a girlfriend? I was just wondering....I don't like him like that...."

Joe chuckled, "He's engaged."

"Really?! To who?!" Patty was intrigued now and leaned forward on the desk.

Dakota and Matty were walking down the stairs to run down a lead as Joe was pointing to them, "Dakota."

Patty's jaw dropped in shock, "She doesn't seem like the marrying type. Her and Barry are total opposites."

"She's been through a lot. Both of them have. They have a lot more in common than you think." Joe shrugged.

Dakota and Matty walked over to them, "Hey guys."

Patty smiled, "Hey Dakota. Agent Scott."

Matty smirked, "Matthew or Matt."

"I can only call him Matty. Anyway we were-" Dakota's phone rang and it wasn't any number she recognized. "Hello?"

"Are you Dakota Miller?" The man on the other line asked.

"Yes." Kota raised her eyebrow and looked at the group. "Who is this?"

"My name is Doctor Marcus Reeds from Central City Memorial. I have you listed here as an emergency contact for Lily Jackson. She's been in a car accident."