Chapter 24

Isabella's POV:

I fall to my knees and cover my head with my hands. I shut my eyes tight and just wait for the cat to attack me. I sit there for a while but nothing happens. I eventually open my eyes and look up. The cat is sitting there looking at me with it's head tilted to the side. I stand up and cautiously approach the cat. It lowers it's head and sniffs me. It suddenly licks my cheek casing me to jump in surprise. "Eww". I say feeling gross. I clean my cheek and smile at the cat. 

I walk up to the cat and start petting it. I scratch behind it's ears and it starts to gently purr. I continue petting the cat for a while until Aunt Jas finally comes back. "Oh looks like you've met Shenzi". Aunt Jas says coming back with a bowl of what I can only guess is cereal. "Don't worry she's really friendly, she wouldn't hurt you". Aunt Jas reassures me. "Yeah she seems really nice. Shenzi is kind or a strange name". I say curiously. "Yeah it's strange but it makes her unique in her own way". Aunt Jas explains.

She sits down on the couch and I can see what's in her bowl. It's a simple breakfast of weekbix and milk. It's gotten quiet between us and it feels awkward so I decide to speak up. "So how have you been Aunt Jas?". "I've been pretty good Issy. Very bust though, work has been pretty tough recently". "Oh". I say not quite sure what else to say. "What about you Issy? Your mom told me what happened to you at school, are you okay after that?". I shudder a little remembering what happened at school between me and Cassie.

She tired to kill me. She actually wanted me dead. I haven't actually thought about it until now. Cassie really tired to end my life. Not even my old dad tried to do that. He only ever threatened to and would hit me. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to ever think about my old dad again and my old life. I really didn't want to think about all the pain he caused me.I can't help but let a single tear fall down my face. I quickly wipe it away before Aunt Jas can notice it. 

"I guess I didn't really get hurt. It was just really scary". I say realising that I have a fear of heights now. "I can only imagine. Those school tables are like the size of buildings to you. I'm really sorry you had to go through that sweetie". Aunt Jas suddenly scoops me up and kisses me on the head.  I look up at her and give her a sad smile. I cuddle against her and say "I've missed you Aunt Jas". "I've missed you too Issy".  She puts me down back onto the table and puts the tv on. 

Jasmine's POV:

 I put the tv on for Issy and continue to eat my breakfast. I watch as Issy walks over to Shenzi and sits down next to her, cuddling into her side. It's really cute, it's like a kitten cuddling with it's mother. I finish eating and tell Issy I'll just be in the kitchen. "I'll be right back Issy, I'm just going to put these in the dishwasher". She looks up at me and gives me a nod, then goes back to watching. I walk over to the kitchen and put my bowl and spoon into the dishwasher.

I look at Issy and Shenzi from the kitchen. They look so cute together. I can't help but think about how upset she seemed before. I need to cheer her up somehow. I think for a minute then remember the petting zoo that's in town right now. That would be perfect, there would be a lot of cute baby animals for her to play with. Hopefully there will be some kittens as well. I'm sure Issy will love that, that should make her feel better. After reviewing my plan I walk back into the living room and sit back down on the couch. 

"So Issy, how would you like to go down to the petting zoo that's in town?". She looks up at me and gives me a curious look. "There will be a lot of cute baby animals there". I explain. "But won't all the animals be much bigger than me?" She asks looking a bit worried. "Don't worry, there only baby animals so they won't hurt you". I say trying to reassure her. "Are you sure?".  She asks with a scared tone in her voice. "You don't have to be scared Issy, I'll be right there with you". 

She gives me an unsure look before finally nodding her head. "Okay let's go, I'm sure it will be fun". She says giving me the biggest smile she could muster. "Okay lets go!". I exclaim excitedly. I pick her up and place her on my shoulder. I lock my house and get into my car and I drive to the petting zoo. On the way Issy asks me questions like what type of animals will be there and I give her simple answers like "We will see when we get there". Not long after we finally arrive. I get out of my car and enter the building.

We take a look around to see what type of animals are here. They have the usual baby farm animals like chicks, piglets, calves even a baby pony. We look around a little more and finally find some kittens and puppies. 'Perfect'. I think to myself. I walk up to the lady who is letting people in. "Hello there, we'd like to enter". I say to hear. She smiles at me and asks. "Sure, are you with any children today ma'am?" "Yep right here". I say pointing to Issy on my shoulder. She gives Issy a weird look before smiling. "Okay come on in". 

Hello everyone, how are we all? I hope your all doing well. I'm going to be honest with you all. I've been rather sad recently. I lost my job at a store I loved working at. Although I'm not too upset about that because it was better off for them to let me go. What's really been upsetting for me recently is that we had to put our dog down. Our beautiful staffy Jess. She was old, she was 14 years old and we had to put her down because of the pain she was in but I still miss her very much. I got the news that we had put her down one the day I lost my job so a lot of bad news all fell on me at once. So I'm sorry for not uploading recently and I'm happy you are all patient with me. Anyway I should say these now because I didn't say them before. Merry Christmas, I hope you all had a good one. Happy new year. I hope this year is better than the last for you. Anyway question of the day. How is your life going right now? I want to know. Like always everybody enjoy comment what you think and if you enjoyed why not vote.