Chapter 21

Sarah's Pov:

I finished calling the police and I'm on my way to find Issy and her friends. I walk down a hallway and I see them. Jessica and Mia are dancing around and I can see Issy being held by Emily. Issy looks over and sees me and she waves. "Hey mom!". She calls to me. I immediately stop for a second. 'She didn't call me mommy, how come?' I'll find out later. I continue my way over them and they all stop and look at me. "Okay everyone I called the police and they are on there way here". 

"That's good to hear". Mia says. I gently take Issy from Emily and hold her close to my face. "Issy are you okay?" I ask. "Yes mom I'm okay". She says with a small smile. 'Why isn't see calling me mommy'? "Okay but your going to have to tell the police what happened okay?". "Okay mom I'll be brave and talk to them". I smile and give her a little hug. The principal suddenly appeared down the hallway and she walks towards us. "Okay everyone so the police will be coming soon so you can all wait in this empty classroom".

20 Minutes later

"Okay everyone the police are finally here". The principal says. "Mia and Emily you'll have to leave but Jessica you can stay because you witnessed what happened". As she finished saying that two police officers walked in one a man and the other a woman. "Oh boy, a human great just what I needed". The police man said quietly but still loud enough for me to hear. I can't help but scowl at the man after hearing him say that. "Okay so tell us what happened". The lady says sitting down across the table from me. 

I look down at Issy and give her a gentle smile to reassure her. "It's alright Issy shes not going to hurt you, there here to help". "That's right little one, we just want to know what happened". The lady says while the man just stands there with his arms folded scowling. "There's no pressure little one, take your time". I like how gentle shes being with her. Issy doesn't respond right away she just nods her head and looks like she's just mentally preparing herself for what she has to say. 

"Hey would you hurry up my partner and I have things to do today". The man suddenly snaps. I immediately stand up to defend my daughter but they lady quickly shoots me down. "It's alright ma'am, I've got this under control".  I sit back down and watch what she will do. She looks back at her partner and gives him a dirty look. "Hey you need to ease up, were dealing with a child here so how about you act like an adult and show some respect". She says very sternly. "Sorry". I hear him mumble quietly. 

Now that I look at them the lady looks much older then the man, so he must be a new police officer. "Now then would you kindly explain what happened little one?" "Okay". Issy explains what happened to the officer and I can't help but feel really proud of how brave she's being. I'm taking her home after this, today has been a stressful day for her.  "That is defiantly attempted murder and you said that a girl in your class did this to you?". I hear the lady ask Issy. "Yes, is there anything you can do?" Issy asks almost sounding desperate. 

"Well the most we can do is take this girl to juvenile detention for a while". The lady explains. Issy just nods her head and walks back over to me. I scoop her up and put her in my shirt pocket. "So is the girl that did this here?" The lady asks the principal."Yes she is, she's in my office with her parents". "Good we will go and talk with them". Both of the officers then leave the room. The principal leads them to her office and leaves us in the classroom. Not long after Mia and Emily come running back in.

Isabella's Pov:

"Where's Issy?" Mia asks running back into the room. "She's right here in my pocket". Mom tells her. I really hope the nice police lady can do something about Cassie, I really don't want to see her again. Not too long later the principal comes back and mom starts talking to her. "I think Issy and I should go home now, she's had enough for one day". "Yes I agree she should defiantly get some rest. The police are still deciding what to do with Cassie so I'll make sure to call you and tell you what they decide to do". "Thank you". Mom responds.

"Mom can I say goodbye to my friends?" I ask looking up at her. She gives me a smile but it seemed kind of sad. "Of course Issy". She puts me down on a table and Jessica, Mia and Emily gather round me. I go and hug Mia and Emily on their cheeks and lastly go up to Jessica. "Thank you for saving me". I say while hugging her. "It's okay, your my little friend it's my job to look after you". She says genuinely. I smile and walk back over to mom and she picks me up and puts me back into her pocket. 

Mom is about to walk out the door when the principal stops us and she looks right at me. "Isabella I want you to take it easy and take tomorrow off as well so you can rest and collect yourself okay?" I simply nod. "Okay". "I might see if I can take the day off tomorrow as well so I can look after her". Mom says. 'Mom I need to look after myself'. I think to myself. Mom and I leave the school and we go home. I'm glad to be going home now. 

When we finally get home mom lets out a huge sigh. "Were finally home". She says more to herself. Mom walks into the living room and puts me down on the table. "Okay mom". She walks away and comes back a minute later with my room and she puts it down next to me. I go to walk in but mom blocks the door with her finger. I look back at her in surprise. "Mom is everything okay?" She doesn't answer and gently picks me up. 

"I think I need to ask you that Issy. Are you okay? Why did you stop calling me mommy?" She asks sounding disappointed. I look down feeling ashamed but she needs to hear it. "Because mom I need to start growing up, today showed me that I have acted like a little kid for a long time. I cried every time somebody said something mean to me and saying mommy is a very little kid thing to do. I need to start growing up mom". I say looking up at her with a sad look. Mom gives me a sad look back and says. "You don't need to grow up right now Issy your only 10, you've got so much time to grow up". "I know mom and I'm not going to grow up all at once but I need to at least start". I explain. A single tear runs down mom's face and she cuddles me against her chest. "Just know that I love you Issy and nothing will ever change that". 

Hello everyone how are we all? Here is your chapter for the day chapter 21. I've really written about some heavily racially issues which isn't what I intended but it looks like that's what's happening hahaha. So I want to get your opinions. What do you think of the relationship between Isabella and Sarah? Do you think it's cute, nice or do you think it's a bit too close for adoptive mother and daughter? Like always everyone if you enjoyed this chapter give it a vote (Why not it's free) and comment what you think I'd love to hear.