Chapter 22

Sarah's Pov:

After my little heart felt talk with Issy I let her go into her little room to go to sleep. She needs it, defiantly after today. I lift the roof of her little room just to check on her. She's fallen asleep almost instantly. I think about what Issy said to me, that she needs to grow up and I can't help but feel upset. She's going to grow up so fast and I've already missed 10 years of her life. I just wanted to keep her as my baby for as long as possible. I can't help but tear up thinking about it. 

I decide not to think about it for now and make myself a hot chocolate and just snuggle up on the couch. I just watch T.V while taking sips periodically, in almost like a rhythm.  After I finish I hear my phone ring. It's probably the principal so I immediately jump up and get it. "Hello?" "Hello miss Grant, it's me the principal, I just thought I should update you". "Okay what's going on?". I ask her. "We worked out what should happen to Cassie, we all agreed that Cassie is going to juvenile detention for three months". She explains. 

I breath a sigh of refile hearing that. "That's good to hear but what happens after the three months?" "Well after those three months she will be released and she will come back to school". She explains. "And what happens if she tries to hurt Issy again!". I exclaim. "Don't worry Miss Grant, if she goes anywhere near Isabella she will be suspended immediately". "Is that really the best you can do?". "Unfortunately Miss Grant yes that is the best we can do. I can tell you though is Cassie gets suspended more than three times she will be expelled". 

"Okay if that's the best you can do we'll just have to live with it". I say noticing I sound defeated. "Thank you anyway". I say to her. "Your welcome Miss Grant, don't hesitate to call me if you have an questions". She says then hanging up. I put my phone down and sit back down on the couch. I put my head in my hands and just inhale deeply. The thought can't help but creep into my head. 'Was adopting a human the best idea?'

Isabella's Pov:

After sleeping for a while I slowly begin to wake up. I let out a big yawn and stretch my limbs. I open the door to my room and see I'm still on the living room table where mom left me. I look around but mom's nowhere to be seen. "Mom!" I call out but she doesn't answer. "MOM!" I call again as loud as I can but still she doesn't come out. 'I wonder where she is'. There's not much I can do bye myself so I just go back onto my room and grab a book. I lay back down on my bed and just start reading. 

After a while of reading I finally hear mom's footsteps. I close the book and rush out of my room and see mom sitting there on the couch. "Mom!". I call happy to see her. Mom sees me and smiles but it seems like a sad smile. She scoops me up and puts me on her shoulder. "Mom are you okay?" I ask concerned about her. She lets out a small giggle. "Don't worry honey I'm fine". She answers. I nod and snuggle up against her neck and we start to watch T.V together. 

"Issy you should know, the principal called me". "What did she say?" I ask curious. "She said that Cassie will be going to juvenile detention for three months". Mom answers. "W, what happens when she comes back?". I ask feeling a bit scared. "Well she told me that when she does come back she's not allowed anywhere near you or she will be suspended and if she gets suspended more than three times she will be expelled". Mom explains. "That's good. I hope she stays away from me". "I hope so too honey". Moms says but she sounds sad. I wonder what's wrong with her. 

We watch T.V for a while when we suddenly hear a knock at the door. Mom puts me down on the table and goes to the door. "Issy Jessica is here, she just want to check on you". I hear mom say as she and Jessica appear in the doorway. "Hey Jessica". I wave at her. "Hey Issy, are you okay?" "Yes I'm okay now, I think just sleeping for a while was good for me". I answer her. "Oh I'm glad, I just wanted to make sure your okay". "Thank you Jess, your a good friend". I say hugging her as best I could. 

"It's okay, I like looking after my little friend". She says hugging me back. "Hey Jessica would you like to stay for dinner?" Mom calls out to us. "Sure I'd love to, I just need to call my parents and ask them". Mom lets Jess use her phone and she calls her parents. "Okay I can stay!". She exclaims happily. "Yay!" I exclaim back. Jess and I just hangout and watch T.V while we wait for dinner. "I wonder what were having?" Jess asks. "Yeah I wonder too".  I reply simply.

Not long later mom calls us for dinner. Jess carries me to the dining room table and puts me down on it. We are having pork chops and they look really good. 'My mom is a great cook'. I think to myself. After we finish dinner Jess's parents come to pick her up. "Bye Issy, enjoy your day off tomorrow and gets some rest". She says hugging me. "I will Jess I promise". I tell her. She then leaves with her parents. It's starting to get late so mom decides it's time for me to go to bed and I agree. She takes me and my room to her bedroom and I get ready for bed. I bed into bed and mom opens the roof and look down at me. "Goodnight mom I love you". "Goodnight Issy". She then hesitates before continuing. "I, I love you too". She then closes the roof and I just lay there feeling sad. 'Does mom not love me anymore?'

Hello everyone how are we all? Here is chapter 22 I hope you all enjoy it. So I haven't talked about this much but I have to say thank you all for more than 5000 reads. That is an astounding amount of reads so thank you all. Question of the day what do you think of Mia and Emily? Do you think there good friends for Issy? Or do you think they don't bring much to the table? I would love to hear what you think. As always everyone if you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment. Have a lovely day everyone.