Chapter 23

Sarah's POV:

I didn't get much sleep last night. I was up thinking mainly. I do love Issy, I love her very much but am I doing the best thing for her? She's a human living in this giant world and a lot of giants hate humans and will want to hurt her and the worst part is that she's only a child so she won't understand why they hate her. Is that the type of life I want to give her? A life where she's hate? How is it any different than her pervious life with her father?

No I've got to stop thinking like that. Unlike her so called 'father' I love her and I'm trying to give her the best life I can. It just doesn't seem possible in this world of people who will hate her. I guess all I can do is be the best mother I can for her. I get out of bed and check on Issy. Even though she has the day off I still need to go to work. I lift the roof up and look at her. She's still asleep, she sleeps so soundly.  I go out to make her breakfast.

I make her a nice breakfast because she deserves it. Before waking her up I decide to call Jasmine to see if she can look after Issy today. Issy hasn't seen her aunt Jasmine for a while. I dial her number and it rings three times before she picks up. "Hello". I hear Jasmine say sounding like she just woke up. "Hey Jas, sorry did I wake you?" "Yeah you did, this better be important, today's my day off". She says sounding a bit annoyed. "This is important Jas I promise you it is". I say to her. 

"So what is it?" She asks. I explain to her what happened to Issy at school. "Oh my god that's awful, the things kids do to other kids is just awful". She states. "I know. So the school principal has given Issy the day off today and I was hoping you could take care of her while I'm at work". I ask almost sounding desperate. "Don't worry Sarah I'll take care of her, I want to see her cute little face again". I breath a sigh of relief hearing that. "Your a life saver Jasmine thank you". "No problem Sarah. When will you drop her off?".

"Probably in half an hour. I have to get Issy up and make sure she gets dressed and has breakfast". I explain. "Okay Sarah see you soon". "Thanks again Jasmine". I say as I hang up. I go to my bedroom to get Issy. I lift the roof of her room and see she's already awake and I smile at her. "Good morning Issy, did you sleep well?" I ask her. "Yes". She says so quietly that I barely hear her. I pick up her little room and carry it out to the kitchen. 

Isabella's Pov:

Mom and I start having breakfast but I think she can tell that I'm a bit upset about her hesitation last night. She keeps giving me a worried look while we eat breakfast. "Hey Issy so I have to go to work today so Aunt Jasmine will be looking after you today". I look up at mom curiously then remember. 'Oh yeah Aunt Jas, I haven't seen her in a while'. I smile up at her. "Okay mom I can't wait to see her". She smiles and we continue eating. I hope I can talk to mom about last night soon. 

After breakfast I walk back into my room to get changed. I look at all the clothes I have and notice that I don't have much clothes, hopefully I can get mom to get me more. I get changed and walk back out and wait for mom. I just walk around on the kitchen table waiting for her. Eventually she comes out in her work uniform. "Ready to go honey?" "Yes mom". She picks me up and puts me in her pocket. I quietly smile to myself, I wish I could be this close to mom all the time. 

We get into the car and mom starts driving. We eventually pull up at a house I've never seen before. I assume it's Aunt Jas's house. We get out of the car and mom rings the doorbell. It isn't long before we hear someone coming and the door opening. "Hey Sarah!" She cheers happily. "Hey Jasmine". Mom says and they hug. Aunt Jas looks at me and immediately scoops me out of mom's pocket. "Hey Issy, I've missed you". She says cuddling me to her cheek. "Hello Aunt Jas, I've really missed you too. I say doing my best to hug her back. 

I look back at mom and she smiles. "I'll come pick you up after work okay?" I nod and make grabby hands at her. She takes me and I hug her as best I can. "I love you mom". I might be upset about last night but I still love her. Mom just smiles and strokes my hair. "I love you too Issy". Mom hands me back to Aunt Jas and we both wave as she leaves and Aunt Jas takes me inside. She takes into what I assume is the living room and puts me down on the table. 

"I'm just going to make myself some breakfast, have you had some Issy". I nod up at her. "Yes Aunt Jas I have". "Okay good, will you be okay on the table on your own?" She asks. "Yes I'll be okay". I say to reassure her. "Okay I'll be back in a few minutes". She says as she walks out of the living room. I just walk around on the table looking at all the things in the living room. Aunt Jas has a lot of pictures of her and mom and what I guess is her family. 

I continue to admire the giant living room when suddenly something jumps on the table and knocks me over. I'm so surprised by what just happened I didn't even register what it was that knocked me over. I get up and look over and gasp in fear. I look over and see a giant cat looking over at me. I run to the edge of the table to try and get away but there's nowhere for me to run. The cat starts to walk over to me. With nowhere to run I just fall to my knees and hold my hands over my head and and just pray the cat doesn't eat me. 

Hello everyone how are we all? Here is chapter 23 I hope you all enjoy it. So I'm going to be honest, I completely forgot about Jasmine and I planned for her to be one of the main characters Whoops. So how many of you remembered Jasmine? Or did you forget about her like I did? What does that say about a writer who forgets about one of their main characters? So anyway question of the day. How would you like to see this story end? Because I have no plan on how to end this story but I know I have to at some point. So if you have any ideas I would love to hear them. Like always everyone enjoy.