Chapter 9

Sarah's POV:

I wake up early this morning feeling excited. My mom's coming over to meet Issy. I check on Issy in my shirt pocket and she's still sound asleep, she looks so peaceful so I decided to let her keep sleeping. I decide to call my mom to ask how long it will take for her to get here. After two rings she picks up. "Hey Sarah". Mom says cheerfully. "Hey mom".  I say giggling a little. "So what's going on honey?". "Nothing I was just wondering when your going to get here". "My flight lands in four hours so I should get there at 11:30am". Mom explains. "Okay mom do you want me to come and pick you up?". "No no honey you stay home, I  want to meet her at your house". "Okay mom, it's great to hear from you, see you soon". See you soon Sarah bye".

After the call to my mom I decide to go and wake Issy up. I walk back into my bedroom and Issy is already awake, she smiles and waves at me. "Morning mommy". It never gets old hearing her say that. "Morning honey, areyou ready for breakfast?". She nods and I pick her up and cup her in my hand. "Mommy who were you talking to before?". So she heard. "Well Issy I was talking to my mommy". "Your mommy?". She asks. "Yep my mommy, your grandma and she's coming to meet you today". I look at her and she seems nervous. "What's wrong honey?". I ask softly. "What if your mommy doesn't like me?". She asks looking like she's about to cry. I bring her up closer to my face and say. "Isabella Rose Grant don't think like my mommy is a lovely lady, she's your grandma and she's going to love you I promise". She just nods and gestures for me to cuddle her. I bring her closer and cuddle her against my cheek, I can feel her little hands trying to hug my cheek and it makes me smile. "I love you mommy". "I love you too honey, now how about some breakfast?".

Isabella's POV:

Mommy takes me into the kitchen and begins cooking. She says she's going to make bacon and eggs, I've never had it before but from the smell of it it's going to be very yummy. Mommy brings over her plate, it has four pieces of bacon and two eggs. She cuts off a small piece of bacon for me, I eat it and it tastes so yummy. I'm still nervous about meeting mommy's mommy or my grandma. I know mommy says that she'll love me but I can't help but feel nervous. Hopefully she's as nice as mommy says she is. "Mommy when will grandma be here?". I ask. "She'll get here around at around 11:30 okay honey". I look over at the clock and see that it's only 9:00 o'clock so we've got a while. "So Issy would you like to see pictures of grandma so you know what she looks like?". Mommy asks. "Yes, I'd like to see pictures of younger mommy". I say giggling. Mommy giggles as well, she scoops me up and carries me to the living room.

Mommy shows me pictures of her with an older lady that looks a lot like her. She has brown hair and big brown eyes just like mommy. I get to see pictures of mommy when she was younger, she's just as pretty as she is now. "You've always been pretty haven't you mommy". I say looking at mommy adoringly. Mommy giggles. "I guess I have been". 'Mommy's pretty and she knows it'. I think to myself. We continue to look at pictures for a while until mommy says that's enough. I look at the clock and see that it's 11:00 o'clock, so only half an hour until I meet grandma. Mommy says we should do what we did with aunt Jas, I wait in her pocket for more of a surprise. After half an hour we finally hear a knock at the door.

Sarah's mom's POV:

I've just gotten off the plane and I'm in a taxi on my way to see Sarah. I can't wait to meet Sarah's daughter Isabella. Being a mother is the one thing Sarah's wanted more than anything else and it hasn't been easy for her having a miscarriage. But from the way she sounded on the phone she's very happy. I wonder what Isabella is like, she's probably going to be a little shy but I know I'm going to love her. After half an hour I finally arrive at Sarah's house, I pay the driver, get my bag and walk up to the front door and knock.

The door finally opens and I see my beautiful daughter. "Sarah!". "Mom!". We exclaim. I engulf Sarah in a huge hug. "I've missed you mom". "I've missed you too honey". We eventually let go of each other. "Come in, would you like something to drink?". She asks. "Oh yes a coffee would be nice". I say and follow her in. I was expecting to meet Isabella on the way to the kitchen but I didn't see her. Sarah made me a coffee and I decide to ask. "So Sarah where's the little girl your so excited about?". Sarah just smiles. "It would be best to go to the living room where I can introduce you to her". We walk into the living room and we sit down. I wonder where she could be, she wasn't in here either. "Issy it's time to come out and meet your grandma". Sarah says into her pocket. This greatly confuses me. "Sarah". I'm cut off by Sarah pulling something out of her pocket. I see what she's taken out and it shocks me. She's holding a human child.

I sit there shocked, I've never seen a human before and here's my daughter holding a human child. After I get over my shock I lean in to get a better look at the tiny child. She's very cute with her long blonde hair and even though I can't see from here I'm guessing her eyes are blue. "So this is Isabella?". I ask Sarah. "Yep this is my little girl". Sarah says cuddling the little child against her cheek. "A human?". I ask. "Yeah my daughter is a human". Sarah answers apprehensivly. "She's very cute". I say loving how happy Sarah looks with her. Isabella starts to giggle a little bit. 'She's so cute, I want to hold her'. I think to myself. "Sarah can I hold her?". I ask but then decide it might be better to ask Isabella. "Isabella can I hold you?". "Okay grandma". I actually blush a little, she called me grandma!, I already love her.

Sarah puts Isabella down on the table and she begins to slowly walk over to me. 'She's shy just like I thought'. I smile and lower my hand down for her. She climbs on and I bring her close to my face. I was right she does have blue eyes. "Hey there you little cutie". Isabella giggles a little and looks down at her feet shyly. I smile and bring my finger underneath her chin and lift her head gently so she's looking at me. "Hey little one I know this is a bit overwhelming but there's no need to be shy especially with me your grandma". I say trying to reassure her. She smiles up at me and says. "Okay grandma I won't be shy". I smile and feel a strong urge to hug her so I bring her to my chest and cuddle her and she snuggles into me.

"So Isabella how did your mommy adopt you?. I ask curiously. Isabella looks down and frowns sadly. Sarah even sat up when I asked. "Isabella are you okay?". I ask ans she just nods sadly. "Okay Issy come here". Sarah says as she takes Isabella from me. She brings her close and begins talking to her. "Issy are you okay?". She nods. "Do you want me to tell grandma?". "Yes please mommy". "Do you want to stay out here while I tell her?". Sarah asks. "Yes mommy I'm going to be brave this time". "That's my girl". Sarah says like a proud parent and kisses isabella on the head. Wow Sarah is a natural at being a mom and she looks like she loves it.

Sarah puts Isabella back down onto the table, she sits down and looks at me. "Well mom it's a bit of a sad story the way I found Issy". Sarah says sadly. I just listen eager to learn why it's sad. "I found Issy abandoned in the forest". 'Aw the poor dear'. I look down at Isabella and she just nods. "When I asked her where her parents were she told me that her mom is dead and that her dad abused her". Sarah explains looking a mixture of sad and angry. "Oh my god". Is all I can think. "Her dad abused her and she had no home so I decided to adopt her to try and give her a good life". I can see the pride in Sarah's eyes, she's already a great mom. I look down at Isabella and she looks like she's tearing up, I guess having to remember that upset her. I quickly scoop her up and cuddle her. "It's alright honey, it's alright". I coo to her. I begin to stroke her head and after a while she calms down. "Thank you grandma". It's okay honey, I'm going to give you back to your mommy now okay". I say handing Isabella back to Sarah and she takes her happily.

Hey everyone just lettingyou know that I'm changing the little house. It's now just basically going to be a bedroom with a bed, a wardrobe and a table and chair. So what does everyone think of the story so far? Do you think it's good, do you think it's bad, is there stuff I can improve on? Don't be afraid to let me know.