Chapter 26: Breaking News

4:30 am 3 days later

"Good morning" I say while bowing at my colleagues while arriving at the studio. It was still pitch black outside since it's the middle of winter, everything outside was quiet and still except for the hardworking people of Seoul who were already preparing for a long day at work.  I had the members' coffee in my hands as I placed them down on the table next to their bags.

"They're here already?" I say to my colleague while taking off my outer-coat. 

"Yeah, they all came in early for a meeting." 

"Oh okay well, what do we have planned for today then?"  

Her eyes grew 10 times in size as she dropped the piece of clothing she was working on onto the floor.

"We have a big staff dinner tonight, didn't you hear?" she says to me suddenly while stopping what she was busy with. It seemed like I should have known..

"No..I must have missed the email." I say while sliding my phone out of my pocket.

"It's very important, it's out annual staff dinner. All the big CEO's and managers are going to be there!" she says with a silly smirk on her face. She seemed so excited about this dinner. 

"Oh wow, I see. Are we invited too?" I say with a slight giggle. It didn't seem like the assistants would be dinning out with the CEO's of BigHit Entertainment. 

"Of course we are pabo! You especially, you are their personal assistant, remember?" she says while giving me a funny side eye. 

"I remember.." I say while laughing at her excited remark.

 "What's the dress code? Is it going to be formal?" I say while scratching the back of my head confused.

"Formal? Formal is an understatement."

My eye's widen as her word's fill the room. 

"You really are clueless.. It's at the Gocheon Plaza.. red carpet, paparazzi, fans." She says jokingly towards me while waving her hands in the hair.

"What!?"

"I'm not prepared for that! Ottoke?" I say in shock towards her.

"Morning everyone" A loud, deep voice fills the studio as everyone turns around to greet the manager. 

Everyone stood formally together while he started speaking about today's schedule. 

"Psst.. wear something pretty." she whispers into my ear as she stands behind me and pats my shoulder.

---

7:00 pm *2 hours before the Annual dinner*

We had quite a slow day at work today seeing as the boys needed to rest before the dinner. I had run back to my apartment as soon as I finished my work to see if I had any clothes to wear for the dinner tonight. 

Since there's going to be paparazzi and fans waiting, I should at least try to look decent. I entered my apartment and quickly rushed to my closet. 

"Jeans..jeans..sneakers..tee.." I say out loud while throwing my clothes out the closet behind me. It had been ages since I wore a dress, I guess I never had any special occasions to go to since being here.

I was scratching so deep into my closet that I couldn't even recognize some of these clothes. Everything was very girly and short.. very short. I reached out to a box sitting at the back of my closet, it seemed to still be sealed from when I moved.

I opened the box and started rummaging through the clothing items that were inside. 

"A skirt?" I say while holding up a small piece of material into the air to get a better look.