Chapter 24: 1 new message

Yoongi 5:36 pm

Hey, how are you doing? 5:36 pm

Hello? Are you there? 5:45 pm

Are you okay? 6:26 pm

Why aren't you answering? 8:10 pm

Answer me... please. 00:02 am

I know it's hard but please talk to me.. I miss you. 00:15 am

I sat by my apartment window with my legs hugging my chest looking out at the Seoul skyline wrapped in a blanket. The only thing comforting me was the broken tissue that was catching my tears as I watched the busy streets from my apartment. Life seemed to pass by so naturally as each tear escaped me. His face was haunting my mind as his gummy smile flashed before my eyes. I could feel my stomach churn inside me as I hear a text message coming from my phone. I was too anxious to look, I knew it was Yoongi but I had been avoiding his messages. It was just too difficult... 

----

A bright flashing light was blinking through the lids of my eyes as I struggle to open them fully. My crescent moon eyes were crusty as I covered the flashing ray's of sun from hitting my eyes. I could see the bright Seoul morning greet me as I lifted my head from the knee I had fallen asleep on. The tissues fell to the floor as I looked out the window wiping my fringe out of my face. I could feel the crust on my eyes hinder my sight as I pull the blanket closer to me. It was the middle of winter so I could see the frost on the trees and cars below my apartment building. The little snowflakes drifted past the window as I noticed the 9 o'clock bus arrive down the street. 

I let out a huge sigh as I realized how late for work I was. I placed my hands on my face as I suddenly remembered the sadness that was brewing inside me from last night. 

"Ottoke?!..." I say out loud in a cry of desperation while getting up from the window seat. My tee was hanging just past my underwear as I pulled the blanket behind me. I could feel my muscles stiffen up from the position I had slept in as I walked across the empty apartment. Suddenly everything felt so alone and empty..

I looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't recognize myself as my eyes scanned my body. I could see the dark circles under my eyes, the baggy tee that consumed me, and most importantly the sadness that was growing on my face. 

To be honest I was in no mood to go to work today, unless I wanted to make myself more upset. I decided that I was just going to book myself off work for today seeing as I was already 3 hours late.

***

I spent the rest of the morning cleaning and listening to music to try an distract myself from the mixed emotions that were growing inside me. 

I flung my tired body onto the couch as I pick up my phone to see if I had any notifications. "Hm nothing.." I say out loud while sarcastically laughing at myself. 

"K-Drama's it is then.." 

I quickly picked a new drama to watch and snuggled up on the couch with a cup of tea. "Ahh comfy.." I say while wrapping my body in the blue fluffy blanket on the couch. 

I started to drift to sleep before being woken up by a faint buzzing sound behind me. I could see the lights of my phone light up through my blurry sight as I stretched my arm out to reach it.

"..Yoongi"

Yoongi"