Chapter 21: Entwined Hearts

*Yoongi's p.o.v*

I had walked her home after she bought me food, I could see how anxious she was the whole night, it was written all over her body language. She would pick the skin on her fingers while biting her bottom lip and tap her leg to try and distract herself. I always noticed her little habit's, it was one of my favorite thing's about her. The way she would always shift her eye's away from me to try and avoid eye contact, how her fingers would move as if she was playing an invisible piano and especially how she looked at me, she always looked at with so much emotion in her eyes. It felt like I could feel her emotion's when we locked eye's. 

She is the one thing distracting me from the bottomless abyss of my mental health. Every time I feel like I'm about to crash and can't hold on, there she is, starring at me with a smile telling me to hang on just a bit longer. Her complete existence is enough for me to want to hold on.  Whenever she is with me the pain feels lessened and further away than it's ever been. 

***

We arrived at the apartment building after Yoongi had walked me home. He flopped onto his bed being defeated by his tiredness. His body wrapped up into a ball as he lay his head onto his pillow. He patted the empty space next to him signalling me to come join in. I let out a slight eye-smile as I crawl onto the bed next to him. 

I had lied on the bed with him before, but this time it was different, more intimate

I had lied on the bed with him before, but this time it was different, more intimate. I watched his tired eye's struggle to stay open as he blinked. He scrunched his nose to stay awake, I pulled myself closer towards him as I lay my head onto his arm, I could feel his soft skin on my face as I lay watching him. It's a funny feeling, watching someone you love being so vulnerable. He was so peaceful, I just wanted to wrap my arms around his stomach and stay there with him forever. I bury my head further into his chest, his breathing was now in sync with mine as I was lost in a world of ecstacy. He placed his hand on my neck as I looked up at him. He was now awake, starring at me with his tired eye's, smiling. 

"Are you happy?" he says whispering down at me.

I could see the emotion flow back into his eyes, he was no longer looking at me with those blank eye's of his. Only passion. 

"I am happy" I say while placing my hand on his face, my finger's were taking in the feeling of his skin as I caressed his cheek. He smiled at my response and entwined his finger's between mine. My heart skipped a beat at the feeling of his soft, cold finger's sliding in between mine. Suddenly nothing else in the world mattered except for him, I would do anything for him. 

"..Are you happy, Yoongi?" 

I could remember what Jungkook said about Yoongi really needing somebody right now. I wanted him to be happy, to not have any worries, and to not feel so alone.

He shifted his eyes towards my hand that was placed on his chest. 

"I am." 

Those word's comforted me as the worry seemed to lift off my shoulder's, his eye's were now filled with deep thoughts, if only I could know what he was thinking. He truly felt everything so deeply and passionately, not like anyone else I had ever met.

"Yoongi, I'm here for you, you know? You don't have to hide it." I say while rubbing his finger's that were still locked between mine. He seemed confused at my statement, wondering why I would tell him not to hide.

"Hide?" he say's quietly while playing with my fingers.

"I can see it in your eye's Yoongi, you are afraid to tell me your emotions. You can tell me how you truly feel, about everything." I say confidently while lying my head back onto his chest.

He was silent for a while, I could almost feel the thought's that were racing through his mind. I just wanted to know him more, know what he was feeling so deeply. I lift my head towards him and place my hand on the back of his neck tracing down his skin, I could feel his baby hairs on the tips of my fingers as I leaned in closer. Our foreheads were now touching as I could feel his shaky breath against me. 

"Don't be afraid, Yoongi." 

He closes his eye's and buries his head into my shoulder. I could still feel his shaky breathing all over as he pulled his body close to mine, his smell now filling my senses. I run my hand through his hair as I hug him tighter. Those were the word's he needed to hear the most, not having to talk about it, but just to know somebody was there for him and understood his heart shattering pain.

He lift's his head as he stares deeply into my eye's, both our breathing was now unstable and wavers as we drifted our heads closer, close enough to feel his eyelashes lightly brush my skin. My heart couldn't take the suspense of waiting anymore. I worked my hands around his neck as I pulled him in. His soft, warm lips pressed against mine as he hold's by head in his hands. I could taste his lips that were now passionately venturing on mine. He pull's my body higher towards his as he places me on his lap. I could feel his chest breathing on mine as my heart raced faster and faster. His hand's explored my back as I hugged him tighter, wanting to embrace all of him. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist as he pulled away from the kiss. My eye's were now exploring his face, his face that now held the most content expression. His finger's made it's way towards my face as he brushed the baby hair's out of my eye's with his thumbs. We stare deeply into each others eyes as if the world had fell away, he lightly plant's the most caring, comforting and to he honest, beautiful kiss on my forehead. I could feel the emotion in his every move.

We lay back down on the bed still caressed between each other as our finger's softly entwine.

 I knew at this moment that I would never leave his side no matter what, I would always be there to help him, and most importantly never leave him alone, in this lonely, unforsaken world.