She's Just My Neighbour

Start from the beginning

"Just? Are you sure? I'm kidding, anyway back to the reason why I called you, when should me, Calum, and Michael come round, the guys want to write a new song?" Luke asked naturally.

"Um, I don't mind but shouldn't we just relax? Just text me when you are free and you can come round anytime." I said whilst throwing my drum stick in the air. "YES!" I shouted.

"What?" Luke said worriedly.

"Oh nothing, I just caught my drumsticks." I said proudly whilst pulling a grin.

"Oh, anyway catch you later Ashton, bye." Luke said.

"See you later." I said, then I ended the call. Why do they want to write a new song, we just came off tour. I want a little break before we go back to the same routine.

-

Today I was meeting the boys in town. They wanted to meet last night, but I was actually a little tired from painting all day. I don't know why they wanted to meet at McDonalds, I'm guessing Michael was hungry.

I got into my car and started to drive off to town. They should have just came round mine, so then I don't have to go out, I think I'm just being really lazy today.

At least town wasn't that far away. I turned left and I started looking for a parking spot to park my car. Yes, found one. I pulled up and parked my car. I got out and locked my car shut and walked in.

I entered and saw Michael swinging around on the chair. I question why in friends with them, but I wouldn't miss a day to watch that kids weirdness.

"Hey guys!" I yelled and walked up and sat in the seat they've left for me.

"Hey Ashton." They all said at once.

"So what are we going to do today?" I asked.

"We were thinking of working on either a new song, or a cover that we can do." Calum said whilst biting into cheeseburger.

"Sweet." I said whilst grabbing one of the guys drink and drinking it.

"Hey, that's mine!" Michael moaned.

"There's still some left, don't worry Michael." I said whilst placing his drink back down.

"So should we go back to mine?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, lets just finish eating and we can go round yours." Luke said.

They finished off what they were eating and then we headed back to my car. We all got in and we drove off.

"So what's your new neighbours name?" Michael ask whilst smirking. How did he know that I had a new neighbour. I looked at Luke and he was grinning. I swear this boy just loves to gossip.

"Maisie, why?" I asked.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to know your girlfriends name." Michael said while nudging my arm.

"She's not my girlfriend." I said stated. I don't know why they're acting like this. I barely know the girl.

"By the tone of your voice, I think your hiding something." Michael said mockingly.

Why do they think that she's my girlfriend? I mean yeah she's nice, she has a great personality, but I'd need to get to know her more. I'm not going to lie, but she is pretty. The day I saw her move in, I couldn't help but watch her. I know that sounds creepy, but she looked mesmerising.

"Ashton." "Ashton." "ASHTON!." All the boys yelled.

"Huh, what?" I said whilst snapping out of my train of thought.

"You were zoned out, are you alright?" Luke asked, whilst placing his hand in my shoulder.

"Yeah, I was just thinking what cover to sing." I lied. I can't believe I was thinking about my neighbour.

After that awkward moment, we finally arrived back to mine. We walked out of my car and slowly walked into my house, but on the way I saw Maisie leaving her house.

"Hi Ashton." Maisie said whilst smiling. Her accent is very strong.

"Hey Maisie." I said whilst waving. She stopped and turned around, and she was looking confused when she saw the rest of the boys.

"Oh, Maisie, these are my friends and also my band members, Luke, Michael, Calum, this is Maisie, Maisie this is Luke, Michael, and Calum." I said whilst pointing at who's who.

She smiled shyly and waved to all of them.

"I've got to get going, but it was nice to meet you all." Maisie said whilst walking off.

"So that's Maisie." Michael said whilst putting his arm around me. He was smirking at me, not sure why. Why is he doing this? "Um yeah." I said whilst removing his arm off me.

"Aw, she's really cute, I can see why you like her, Ashton." Luke said poking my arm.

"What are you going on about? I don't like her." I whacked Luke's hand.

"Oi, don't need to deny your true love for Miss Maisie." Luke said laughing.

Calum's been really quiet since he met Maisie.
"Her last name is Jones, but that's not the point. The point is, that I. Do. Not. Like. Her. Okay?" I said looking at them. Why do they think that I like Maisie like that? She's only been living here for two weeks. I've inly spoken to her twice. They making a big deal out of nothing.

"If you say so Ashton." Luke said whilst walking into my house.

Calum's been really quiet since he met Maisie. It's out of character for him to be acting all quiet and shy. Maybe our Calum has a little crush on our new neighbour.

••••••••••

A/N- I edited this chapter again. I only slightly changed it a bit. I'm checking through all my chapters and only adding more to the parts where things happened too quick for my liking 😅

Chlo x