Jack Dalton: 16-Dog Tags alternate ending

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you."
-Fred Devito

Summary: This is Joys alternate ending for her dog tag chapter. Be prepared for some tears and some feels.

Warnings: None

——

Jack had been called in by Madi a month after he almost had his support system taken away. This wasn't unusual, so he got up out of his warm LA bed, and made his way to the closet. He had his tank top on, and some easy sweats. His black demon necklace was bound beneath his neck.
    "I just want to dance with you." He sang quietly.
"I want to dance with you.
I want to twirl you all across the floor.
That's what they intended dancing for.
Hold you in my arms once more.
That's what they invented dancing for.
I just want to dance with you."
He mumbled slowly, his head a million miles away. He remembered a time when he was younger, only by a few years, that Joy had been at the bar with him.
She held onto his neck securely, while he had his hands interlocked on her waist. They were swaying to the music slightly, just enjoying the time together. A time so very rare. Her eyes brightened when George Strait came on. He smiled and nearly laughed at her falling in love with the music. When it got to the chorus he surprised her when he whispered the lyrics in the ear. "I just want to dance with you. Twirl you across this floor. That's what they intended dancing for."
   She laughed and leaned into his steady raspy voice. Joy felt light on her feet, the sound of him surrounding her. Jack smiled even wider when he saw she liked him mumbling lyrics.

  She closed her eyes lightly and relaxed into his arms, allowing herself a breath from the outside world.
    He might not be able to sing as good as Strait, but she didn't need him too. He was already too perfect for her.
   Jack couldn't help but fall more in love with her blue eyes, every inch of her fitting perfectly against him. Her lips delicately laced into a smile. She was too perfect for him.
    He was content with that was memory, a hundred more just like that. So simple and delicate. He hopped in his car, after a quick shave and change of clothes. The traffic was light and he walked into the building only minutes after his awaken.
    The door swung open with a swoosh and everybody stared. He gave them a funny look back, confused as to why he was he center of attention. He clutched the demon necklace, having a feeling it was going to be a long day.

  He met eyes with an assistant he knew slightly well, they had coffee in the break room sometimes

  He met eyes with an assistant he knew slightly well, they had coffee in the break room sometimes. He was a ironed pant kind of guy and so strict. But he was a good man. He shot him a questioning look. The man took a drink of his coffee, but let his eyes linger in the lab. He went there in search of Bozer. Maybe he knew why everyone stared at him.
    "Jack." They ALL greeted when he entered. All as in the whole team. In the lab. Weird.
    "What's up?" He asked Madi ready for the mission.
"You'll be here with me, the rest are going after a kidnapped spy." Madi filled in as the others left.
  "Why ain't I going?"
"Too many people going is not a good idea. Mac, Riley and Cage can handle this. Bozer will be working on a new mask."
  "So Why was I called in?"
"Physical training. The commander says you need a new evaluation."
"What?" He practically jumped to the ceiling in fury.
   "Not with Trivette." He mumbled.
  "Yes. He says you will have fun." She smirked.
   "D***. I hate that guy." He said loudly, heading to the locker room to train.
   "Good luck." She called.
He scoffed. He needed a miracle.
————————————————
    *With the rest of the team.*