Jack Dalton: 12

"Missing you comes in waves. Tonight I'm drowning."
-?-
Summary: Some times, there's a person who you know for only a short time, but in that time they loop you in and they never release you, until they let themselves go.

Warnings: None.

——

"So here we are running down the longest hallway I've ever seen and flying around the corner coming at us is Mac. With a whole load of enemies on his tail. Course we decide the only right thing to do is jump out the window."  Jack told her as he leaned against the back gravestone.

   "We were fearless

   "We were fearless."
He paused and smiled at the grave in front of him.

"He paused and smiled at the grave in front of him

"Alright I ain't going to lie to you. The kid was fearless I was scared to death."

  Jack sighed as he tried to make joke on all this but really even the air seemed heavier without near him

  Jack sighed as he tried to make joke on all this but really even the air seemed heavier without near him. For years they fought together, side by side, right down to the last breath.
  "Jack move!" She pushed him out of the way as a clunk of cement fell.
He shook his head. It shouldn't have happened. She shouldn't have even been there. She was supposed to be back at ops recovering from a bullet wound but her being the soldier she was insisted it was just a graze. She had to go on this mission just one last time and she'd be done with Iraq.
   "Lily why couldn't you have just left me to get hit. I might of survived."
"No, you wouldn't have. We both know that." She said as she rounded the over sized grave stone.
Jack smiled when he saw her form. No matter how many times he told himself it was just a figment of his imagination, he always hoped that he would see her.
   "Well we could've seen couldn't we?"
"No, Jack. It happened. It's over. It's alright if you want to move on find a different girl. Fall in love. Marry. Have the kids we dreamt of." She trailed her fingers over his shoulder. She slid against the stone down and directly into his arms which he immediately wrapped her up in.
   "I can't do that. All I ever see in a girl is that she's not you."
He held her tight and close to his heart, her warm body pressed against his pounding heart. He looped their fingers into a woven basket of limbs. She squeezed his hands, just like she used to.
  Jack wished more and more this was really his Lily and she had a mind of her own. Not something that did his every wish. Something that told him when he was wrong and would stubbornly refuse help. Not some follower.
   But he still couldn't help but love when she showed up.
  "Tell me more of the mission." She mumbled against his chest.
"Mac had...." he rattled off the story in as best of a description that he could just like he used to when he went off on a mission without her.
   She laughed at all the right times and smiled at all the little changes in his voice. Just like he wanted her to. But he wanted it really to be her. It was almost a physical pain when she did the small things he loved so much.
   "Hey man." Mac rounded the stone and just like that she was gone. Her once brilliant grey eyes had transformed into nothing but air.
  "Hey." Jack was almost relieved when he showed up, but a part of him wished he had stayed away a moment more.
"How's Lil?" Jack smiled at his question.