MacGyver: 9

"Don't just exist; live."
       -?-

Summary: Based on the Episode 'Wrench', with a different twist. Can Mac overcome a past he thought he left behind?

Warnings: None

Macs pov  "Annabelle

Macs pov
"Annabelle." I whispered with a raspy voice. My tears ran into my mouth and I licked them away tasting the disgusting salty flavor.
"Annabelle? Who's Annabelle?"
Jack asked and my heart broke a little hearing someone say it.

"She was my girl. My girl. Gosh I haven't said that in awhile." I told him looking up then back down as more tears fall.

"What?" He asked taking a step forward.
"We met in training for bomb core. She was the only girl and had many eyes turned towards her. Somehow she ended up with me. Which was weird considering I was nerdy, and awkward. We were both assigned the CO Pena. He's the best of the best. We were attached at the hip most of the time and honestly I loved her.... a lot." I met his eyes. "I was going to marry her."
"What happened?"
I sighed. "We went to the nearest town. There were bombs all over the city. The dang motor broke and she told me to clear it up. It would only be a second she said. A few minutes passed and she didn't answer my com. Pena had stayed out to help me on the motor. It kind of went through fast. I remember flying into the side of the jeep from an impact. I remember tasting blood and not able to feel my arm. Pain had exploded throughout me, but I could only think of Anna. When I found my feet Pena was just getting up to. I remember running as fast as the suit allowed to the building. I heard her screams and I couldn't get inside. I ended up burning my fingers, but it didn't seem like that mattered. Pena had to pull me away from the door and when the fire trucks and everything came they went inside after her body. They carried her out onto a stretcher. I had lost all balance and was falling into Pena. He kept me steady but I could see her unmoving body and the man next to me told me she was dead. Only she hadn't died of a bomb. The Ghost shot her cold blood."
I told him through tears.
He wrapped me into a hug only a brother could give and I mourned the girl I had lost so many years ago with my best friend next to me.

Just a blurb.