Hercules Mulligan x Reader Pt 1

AU: Soulmate AU
Modern Day

When anyone is born, they have a tattoo somewhere on their body. In this case, my tattoo is on my left wrist. Each tattoo has the imprint of words your soulmate will say when you meet them. At this age and time, I've slowly given up hope on being able to ever find my soulmate.

I guess I've never been able to understand how or why we are destined to be with someone. What if we fall in love with someone else who isn't the soulmate?

Besides, what would I say if I were even able to find my soulmate?

That day is still bound to come. Well, I hope at least. I hear my phone go off and look to see who texted me.

Let's see if you can guess who it is.

1. Large Baguette
2. Screaming Man-Child
3. What did he miss?

Jeopardy music.

~

If you guessed, Screaming Man-Child.. you are correct!

-

I pulled out my phone, and didn't drop it for once. I unlocked it quickly and opened the messenger from Alex.

Let's pray to the turtle god that I'm not babysitting again..

Shortypants: Hey

(You/Random Contact): No.

Shortypants: I just said hey! Do you really think that means anything else?

Dots..

Shortypants: Okay fine. You've sent your point across. The shabba-ding dong into outer space.

(You): I think I get it already. So what's up Mr. Why do you write so much?

Shortypants: Wow. That really hurt ;-; Writing is a form of art, mind you. Anywho.. can you babysit Philip for John and I?

(Yes. I know what I did, just roll with it)

(You): Seriously? Again? What about the sisters, can't they do it?

Shortypants: No can do, (Y/N). Remember, they are currently an ocean away out on vacation.

(Y/N): I'm on the way

Shortypants: Perfect! You better be here in 5, toodles!

-End of Text-

"Why me.. I guess it makes sense. I should just make Thomas do it for me. Although I don't think Alex would like that too much.."

I fixed my appearance just slightly and walked out the door, locking it behind me.

I mumbled underneath my breath the whole walk to Alex and John's house. I stand in front of the door and sigh.

I knock the door and wait for it to open.  Nobody had opened the door. I tried again and got the same response.

"Fuck me gently with a chainsaw- HAMILTON! Open this damn door!"

I hear frantic footsteps on the other side of the door and the unlocking of the lock. I see John with an awkward smile on his face.

I look to notice his disheveled hair, and I raise my eyebrow.

He opens his mouth to explain but I cut him off.

"I don't want to know, how long am I babysitting Philip?"

I hear a shriek from behind me and see Alex.

"Y/N! Why aren't you dressed up?!"

"What? Because I'm babysitting your child..?"

"For the love of goodness.. Alex what did you tell her?" I felt very confused at the moment and had a dress throw at me.

"You are going on a blind date in half an hour so get ready?"

"Wait- what?! Alex! John! You two have a lot of explaining to do right now.."

"Hush! More getting ready, less chit-chat." I hear Alex's mocking voice is something to rage at right now.

I walk into the bathroom and close the door behind me. "I guess I'm going on a blind date who potentially may be my soulmate."

I think it over for a second and squeal that I might find my soulmate, with the overwhelming enthusiasm running through me, I quickly get ready to look ready for this mysterious date.