Philip Ham Ham X Reader

The stars, the moon, they shine at night. My mother always taught me that every time you see more, newer, brighter stars. That special person would soon cross paths with you. You could search for a new path, and journey to follow.

That's when it all hit me.. Philip, he has been here for me since day on. How could I be so stupid?! All this time.. I might, just might have feelings for him. I won't deny nor confirm anything yet but I still need to think this over.

That's when my thoughts were disrupted by a familiar voice, I didn't pay attention until I was shaken to focus.

"Y/N.. Y/N!" It was Philip, who did you expect. Jefferson?

"Oh, sorry Philip. I spaced out in thought, you were saying?" He was going on about what his father did in the Reynolds Pamphlet. Of course I already knew from what I read recently. Poor Eliza..

"Just why would he even do it?! Especially to his own family, then out of stupidity.. published it to the whole world." He growled in annoyance, with the look to kill anyone on the spot. If looks could kill that poor rock in front of us would be toast. How? I have no idea.

"Philip, you need to calm down.. The more you get mad, it is not going to help the situation at hand.." I reminded him.

Philip looked over at me, his gaze was still stern but it was becoming softer. "Fine.. maybe you are right. But still, that gives him no right to do that to our family. He's torn it apart.."

I stare at him sympathetically. Over time I had grown really close with the Hamilton family. That day, everything went downhill.

I rested a hand on Philip's shoulder in attempt to comfort him just a little. "Philip, I know I can't say anything to make this better.. but please to do anything rash. If you need anyone, remember I'm here. I have always been here for you."

Philip's gaze focused on the ground, he didn't speak a word. So I was assuming he was processing everything over and over again.

...

After what felt like time just.. just stopped completely. Everything went back into motion and Philip spoke up softly.

"Y/N.. Please don't tell anyone you see me like this." Before I could question anything he brought me into a warm embrace.

Only seconds, not even milliseconds after. I felt wet droplets pat on my shoulder. I only took a moment to realize, he was crying..

"Philip.." I rubbed his back in a up and down motion, trying my utmost best to comfort him.

The quiet sobs only increasingly louder,  I felt useless. I didn't know what to do to help him. Yeah, I could help someone with the occasional break up but this.. this was something else.

His father had an affair and published it to the whole world. I'm surprised Angelica hasn't thought of hurting him yet.

She probably has but that would be worse than the affair, or good that's your opinion.

After a long time, Philip had no more tears to spare. His face was still buried in my shoulder. I only moved a little to look out the window.

"Sunset.." I mumbled quietly. Apparently Philip heard me because he lifted his head and looked at me directly in my eyes.

His eyes and cheeks were puffy. He reminded me of a little sad puppy.
"I'm so sorry for being like this Y/N, I didn't want you to see me like this. You may think I'm weak now, right?"

His words broke my heart. "Philip. Why in the world would I think you are weak?!" I snapped at him, "You are the strongest person I know. Behind that strong shell, it's okay to cry, it's okay to let some of your emotions go at times."