Daveed Diggs x Reader

I was working in the musical Hamilton, I didn't have a on stage role. I preferred to work back stage for the most part, plus I got the chance to know the cast more!

Everyone has been super nice and it's a major privilege to work with everyone. We have had our good days and bad. Today I believe is both, let me tell you the story.

~Flashback~
It was another show day and you just finished helping Reneé with her dress.
"I'll see you later Renné!" I sighed finally I got a break, well that turned to be a understatement.

"Y/N!" I heard someone call. "Y/N I finally found you!" I turn around to see the one a only Daveed Diggs. His face could make any woman swoon.

"I thought I had a break too.." I mumbled, "Anyways what do you need Diggs?"

"Can you please help me with my jacket. A button popped off so could you help me?" Daveed said, he was acting like a small puppy wanting a treat.

"Yup, I just need to grab few things then! I'll meet up with you in your dressing room in a few minutes," And with that I ran off to my 'work room', that's what I call it. Except it's really a dressing room and Lin forced me to accept it.

I grabbed all of my supplies, and headed out to Daveed's dressing room. I regret walking in now..

He was freaking shirtless and I saw him and all of his glory until I heard him screech. "Y-Y/N! Uhh could you step outside for a moment-"

"Already thought of that! Sorry!!" Then I slammed the door shut, my cheeks were a bright red.

Thankfully Phillipa walked by and looked at me. "You okay girly? You look like you've had your first kiss. Wait, did you?!"

"No no nonono! Hold on, let's go talk somewhere more private instead." Phillipa walked to her dressing room and I explained what happened and what I saw. I won't complain though, it was a great sight.

"Hehehe, so your saying you like Daveed?" Phillipa was not helping. I mean I may like him more than a friend but I feel like his fans would kill me, maybe.

"Well- I uhhh..." Then a knock came from the door, Phillipa opened the door to see Lin.

"Hey Lin." We both say, and laugh.

"Anything you need Lin?" Phillipa asks.

"Actually Daveed needs to see Y/N to help him out but aside from that your good." Lin says and I stand up to see a smirking Phillipa.

"Have fun~!" She whispers to me, I glare at her then walk out to Daveed's dressing room.

I knock on the door a few times until I hear a muffled 'Come in' from who I assume is Daveed.

I carefully walk in to find Daveed sitting in a chair with a shirt on! Thank god.. I'll admit I miss seeing that.

"So Daveed, what did you need help with?" I ask, then he just smiles at me.

"You forgot to fix my jacket, remember? Hehehe, it's okay though. I bet you loved the view you saw earlier." Oh no he didn't.. Wait, did he plan for that to happen?

If he did, could that mean he has feelings for me? Doubt it. Maybe I'll ask later.

"Uhh, sure. Just let me fix your jacket before the show starts." I say and immediately go to work.

Just after a few moments it was fixed and I adjusted it so it could look really good.

"Thank you so much Y/N! I could kiss you right now-- wait, uhhhhhhh...." Daveed turned away in his chair and kept mumbling somethings I couldn't quiet catch. Only 'nice going' or 'You're an idiot'.

I walk over to him and place and hand on his shoulder. "Heh, you're far from an idiot. And if you are, you'd be the cutest idiot in the whole world."

He turned around to face me and smiled. "There's actually something I've been meaning to tell you--"

"Daveed it's show time! You need to get out there in five minutes for your cue!" Anthony had bursted in the door then left so he could be ready for his cue.

"Damn it, ah sorry Y/N I'll tell you later, I need to hurry finishing getting ready." After that I  said goodbye and stayed backstage while the show was going on.

While waiting, I just helped the stage members fix anything from their hair, makeup or their costumes for the next scene.

It may sound boring but hearing Daveed's French accent, I definitely fell in love from the first show.

That day was very hectic, it was our first big show and I was one out of three backstage crew members, there to help the on stage cast.

I was so glad to be home after that show, well sorta. That's where I met Daveed after all, you see I've know Phillipa for a while now and she convinced me to work with the Hamilton cast. On stage or not, we met in a weird way truth be told.

It was the day of the first show some were actually quite scared. For me I was stressed I was up on a ladder fixing some lights you see. I think looking down was the worst choice I made, I immediately started climbing down to have someone else finish the last few lights.

Except the world hated me and I missed a step making me fall. I was embracing myself for the pain until I was caught by someone.

I uncovered my eyes to see Daveed, except I didn't know his name at the time.

"Uhh, I'm super sorry! I missed the step and I uh yeah.." I said and awkwardly laugh.

"Heh, don't worry about it. I guess you fell for me." I stared at him and started to laugh, hey I love a good terrible pun every now and then.

Daveed had put me down and we introduced ourselves, immediately we became close friends. Which also lead to Phillipa teasing me about it, saying how cute we would be as a couple.

I always got so mad at her for saying that..

Anyways back to reality, the show had ended and I was just siting in my dressing room. Like I said before was more of a work room to me, and I was just looking through my phone. Completely procrastinating to pack my stuff up.

I heard a light knock at my door and I said "Come in!". Phillipa walked and smiled at me. "So has your Prince Charming come for you yet?"

Phillipa giggles at me and I give her the death glare. "Well I assume he hasn't then, anyways I'm going to head home. Do you want a ride?"

I decline and apologize for it. "No thanks, sorry I'm going to stay here a little longer. I'll see you later Phillipa!"

We say our goodbyes and good nights then I hear another knock at the door. "Come in! I swear if it's you Phillipa!-"

"No it's Daveed, I never got the chance to finish what I was saying before the show started." Daveed says while walking in.

"Ah, right. What did you want to say?" I ask, standing up and walking towards him.

"Well I was trying to confess to you my feelings. And I'm pretty sure I have enough of Thomas Jefferson's personality in my mind to do so." Daveed pauses for a moment then pushes me up against the wall. My cheeks flush beet red.

In my mind I'm going crazy, he makes it even worse when he speaks in my ear. "I'm surprised you haven't noticed, I've made my feelings very obvious. Yet you didn't notice, but do you reciprocate my feelings?" Daveed's voice quiets a bit while saying this.

"Of course I do! I thought this whole time you only liked me as a friend! Well, I think I've noticed some signs I was just never sure--"

I was cut off by Daveed's lips pressed against mine. I'm shocked for a moment, then I return the kiss. I put my arms around his neck until we have to pull away. Stupid oxygen.

"Haha, so I assume this means we're dating now? I mean I already thought that when you saw me shirtless." Daveed winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Of course it means that! And did you plan that?!" I ask, bursting into a laughing fit.

"I'm so glad I caught you when you fell from heaven."

"Don't make me whack you with the baguette again."