Aaron Burr x Reader

You and Aaron have been best friends, ever since you were in diapers to be exact.

It was another usual day, Aaron was busy with work and you just hung around his house because he's been hanging around Alex a bit too much. Like seriously the guy was able to sleep like a rock now he doesn't know what sleep is.

You knocked on his office door, there was a faint reply that you couldn't quite hear. So you tried again, now more clearly it was a groan from the other side of the door. "Come in I said!" Forgot to add that as well, whenever you disturbed him during important work he wasn't in a great mood.

You opened the door and was immediately and a bit awkwardly greeted by a face. Your cheeks flushed from the sudden greeting. "Oh h-hey Aaron. I totally didn't know you were here.. heh yeah."

You mentally face palmed because of how stupid you just were. Aaron smiled at you and then sat back down in his spinny chair. That's what you called it at least. "Of course you didn't, anyways why did you knock for?"

"Wait wha? Oh yeah! Uh, well I need some help and I'm wondering if you could help me out?" You ask then pull a chair over beside him.

"Well it depends what type of help, but I can see what I can do. So whats going on?" He looked slightly concerned, and you knew he always tried his best to help you.

"Okay so remember from the other day where I left for a little while?" You sounded a bit worried to say this, you didn't want to mention anything earlier because Aaron might have overreacted.

"Mhm, I remember. Are you okay? You didn't mention much to me about what you did or where you went." Aaron said, he moved his chair a bit more closer to you and placed a hand over yours. Your cheeks turned a bright red but tried continuing.

"Well, I went out around the city just to look around and maybe get some things. Then next thing I know these random guys start hitting on me and trying to take me somewhere." Aaron's face didn't look very pleased. "I kept trying to go another way but they kept blocking me. So maybe I got a bit to mad and punched one of them and they got super mad and chased after me.. heh heh.."

Aaron was dead silent, the thoughts going through his head could've been anything. Before you could say another word Aaron exploded (not literally) and stood up raging.

"Why didn't you tell me? Are you hurt? I swear if they hurt you I will give them a piece of my mind and show them how to respect a woman! I'm glad you punched one of them but now I will escort you whenever you go out somewhere. I don't want to see those guys--" Soon you disrupted his rant.

"Aaron!" He paused and looked at you. You took a deep breath and looked at him. "You need to calm down, I'll leave you for a moment then I'll excuse myself for the night." Aaron only nodded, watching you walk out of his office.

Aaron's POV (Ooh something new)

I watched her walk out, I felt very stupid now. Y/N probably hates me and honestly I wouldn't doubt it, I just want to know she's okay. We've known each other practically since birth, and I want to be there for her. She's a very adventurous person, but it's not always safe for her to leave by herself.

Maybe I should go apologize before she leaves again. Next thing I know I hear a thud on the floor. I immediately run to the living room. My eyes widen and I see Y/N passed out. I rush to her side and check her pulse. ''She's okay.. I'm glad.. Maybe she was just tired? I mean she's been staying up with me to help me with my work lately."

I lift her up and place her on my bed, it's not like I use it much anyways. She just looks peaceful there. I'm a bit worried something will happen to her again.  I may regret my choice but I get in bed next to her and hold her close to my chest.

Back to Readers POV

I feel very tired and exhausted, except I don't know where I am. My vision focuses and I look up to see Aaron. In the same bed as me. Cuddling me. I take a moment to think what happened before I think I feel asleep. I think I remember, I got a bit mad at Aaron and was preparing to leave.

I was trying to escape his grasp and get out of the bed but that didn't work very well. His grasp on me only tightened and he opened his eyes staring at me.

There was a small moment of silence but then he smiled at me, until he realized what was going on. That's when he flipped out. "Y/N!! I'm so sorry!! You fainted earlier and I was afraid something would happen so I stay here and yeah.." He covered his mouth before saying anything else that may be stupid.

You looked at him a burst into a laughing fit, Aaron looked very confused but began laughing with you as well.

The laughter had died down, and you were looking down at your hands. "It's now or never Y/N.."

You took a deep breath and honestly you were trying very hard to just spit it out. But instead you couldn't and just hugged him and apologizing for everything.

Aaron quietly chuckled and patted your back to calm you. After a few long moments he whispered in your ear. "If it makes you feel any better, I really do like you. And I mean that much more than a friend."

You moved you head from his shoulder only to be a few centimeters from his face. "R-Really?" You wiped away some of the tear away and smiled.

"I've always loved you from the start. Don't forget that, okay?"