| 30 | I Love You, Forever

Unedited - February 14, 2018
Edited - August 4, 2021

A/N: I'm just going to say that this chapter is an emotional rollercoaster.
If there are any typos please let me know!

────»»❀❀❀««────

┌────────┐
𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

Before Mal got shot . . .

"So your real name is Marcellus?" Malcolm questioned

"Yup. Except I usually go my Marcel." I answered. We were walking in the garden. "Did your mother ever talk about me to you two?" I asked the boys

"When I was four I remember she told me she had a brother but she just told me he was gone." Malvin responded, "And then I didn't see her for four years so I couldn't really ask anymore."

"When we were stuck in the cell for years, she would tell us stories of both of you so Evelyn and I could fall asleep." Malcolm sighed "She would've been happy meeting you."

"Oh is she here in Auradon?" I asked

"She's dead," Malcolm said quietly biting his lip to stop the tears from falling.

I widened my eyes in shock. I was not expecting that. "Oh, I—" I stopped as I realize my necklace began to glow purple.

Mal

"Boys, we have to go back inside," I told them

"But we just left," Malvin said

"I know I know. I'll make it up to you two later." I looked back at the castle "Let's run."

We quickly ran back into the castle. There were guards everywhere running in and out. They were all surrounding someone.

"I'm tired." I head Mal say.

I shoved through the guards and found my sister bleeding out on the floor as Ben cradled her. Her chest was bleeding and was covered in blood. Ben's clothes and hands were also covered in blood.

"No, don't close your eyes." He told her "Keep fighting. For me. For Malcolm. For Malvin. For Marcel. For our friends." He looked at me, realizing I was here "They need you. I need you. Please don't leave me." He shakes with sobs.

"Princess, stay strong. Do it for Malcolm and Malvin." I called out, kneeling beside her and Ben.

"I-I love you, Ben." She said before her eyes closed

"No, Mal! MAL! PLEASE! I need you!" Ben was trembling like crazy "I'm sorry." He cried into her chest

"What the hell happened?!" I yelled

Ben didn't answer me. He continued to cradle my sister in his arms muttering things that I could not understand.

Next thing I knew the ambulance came. They quickly took Mal's body away leaving Ben on the floor with his clothes stained with blood.

"What happened?" I asked more gently

"Queen Leah pulled out a gun on us. She aimed at me and pulled the trigger but Mal pushed me out of the way and got hit."

"So it's your fault?" I asked angrily

He turned to glare at me "I didn't know Queen Leah would pull out a gun. I didn't know Mal would push me out of the way and take the bullet for me!"