| 15 | You and Me

A/N: To clear up any confusion, this chapter takes place at the same time as the last one. Just different points of view!

Also I wanted to say that there are comments on this book and on this chapter that may be confusing because I've changed many things. Just wanted to clear that up!

What I wrote now is not at all like how it went down before I edited!
────»»❀❀❀««────

┌────────┐
𝐁𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

Meanwhile . . .

'Someone is going to take her from you'

Maybe it's me being protective or maybe it's jealousy but I didn't like the idea of someone coming and replacing me. Making her happy instead of me.

My mistakes and secrets are catching up to me. Mal almost found out about Anyeline on accident. Anyeline won't stop texting me and threatening me. Saying if I don't do what she wants she'll tell Mal.

Mal.

I feel like the worst fiancé. These past days she's been trying to tell me something important but I kept brushing it off.

I can't concentrate. I spent hours on a stupid task worrying about everything. I've gotten barely any sleep. Especially since for 5 days, Mal wouldn't sleep in our room and wouldn't tell me why.

I don't know if she knows or if it's because I kept brushing what she has to say off. I still have to tell her. I'll do it after I finish this paperwork. Not a lot is left.

I heard the door creak open and shut.

Strange. Everyone always knocks.

I looked up but no one was there. "Hello? Who's there?"

No answer

I looked around and saw no one. I heard someone giggle. A very young voice. I felt a thud and saw that the owner of the giggle had bumped into me. He fell back to the floor and began to whimper.

It was a boy around 3-4 years old. He had black messy hair and pale skin. He turned around and saw me.

"Hi, little man," I said calmly, trying not to scare him away. "What's your name? Where's your mom or dad?"

He didn't answer. Instead, he slowly backed away, holding on to his bleeding arm.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise," I whispered loud enough for him to hear me. "Here, let me help you." I grabbed a first aid kit and grabbed a bandage.

Still whimpering he shook his head.

"Come, I won't hurt you. I'll just stop the bleeding and make you feel better." I said gently.

He hesitantly came to me. I picked him up and brought him to the bathroom where I washed his little cut with water and soap. I took him back into my study and placed him on my lap so that I can put the bandage on his cut.

"Now tell me, where are your parents?" I asked

He still didn't answer. He's probably a servant's kid. He leaned to my chest since he was still sitting on my lap.

He saw a picture of Mal on my desk and pointed at it.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" I grabbed the framed picture and handed it to him so that he could see it.