| 25 | If Only

Unedited - January 26, 2018
Edited - July 15, 2021

A/N: You guys might hate me for this chapter...

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

┌────────┐
𝐌𝐀𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

It was around 11 in the night. Ben was peacefully sleeping with his arms wrapped around my waist. Thoughts were running through my head and they wouldn't let me sleep no matter how hard I tried.

I don't want to leave him or Malvin.

It was almost midnight so I carefully got out of bed, trying not to wake him up. I changed into some comfortable clothing to head out in. I went inside the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror.

Why can't I be happy?

I looked at the time

11:52

It's almost midnight. What if it's all a trick and nothing happens? Maybe they just want me to believe I'm going to die in order to go to the isle.

That thought was quickly dismissed when my head felt like it was going to explode. This was a lot worse than earlier today. It's not a trick. I left the bathroom and stared at Ben.

"Please forgive me, Ben." I whispered "I wish I could tell you everything but I don't want to put you in danger. Just know that I love you so much." I kissed his head as a tear fell down my cheek. "If only I didn't have many enemies then maybe we could be happy."

I took Malcolm out of his crib and left our room. I quietly entered Malvin's room and found him sleeping, hugging his dragon stuffed animal.

"I'm so sorry I have to abandon you again." I whispered as I gently played with his hair "I wish I could just stay here for once and watch you grow up. I already missed a lot. We had to keep you hidden for many years. If only you could be a normal boy then maybe your life wouldn't be in danger too because of me." I sniffled "I love you, my little brave dragon." I kissed the top of his head and quietly left again.

I quickly but quietly left the castle with Malcolm. It was 11:59 when I was on the motorcycle by the edge of Auradon with Malcolm staring at the isle of the lost in front of me.

"Nobel steed proud and fair,
You shall take us anywhere"

I began driving towards the isle of the lost with Malcolm strapped onto me so he wouldn't fall. I admit it's not the safest way but I was short on time.

The headache got 10x worse while driving over the waters.

"Just a little bit closer," I whispered as I tried ignoring the pain. "I can do this." I began driving faster

Malcolm started crying. "I know baby. I know. We're almost there. Be strong for me please." I began crying. It wasn't long until we both began coughing up blood again.

12:03

Whoever sent that note was right.

Both of us began throwing up blood. If we lose too much blood we're dead.