| 07 | The Deal

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

┌────────┐
𝐌𝐀𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

It's been about a month since we told our friends about our engagement. Today I'm finally going to move in with Ben. He's coming later today to help me pack and unpack. Evie had come over to my place like she does every Saturday.

"Mal," said Evie

"Yes E?"

"I think I'm pregnant"

My eyes widened "What?! Are you sure"

"Yeah, do you have any pregnancy tests?"

"Yeah, I don't know why I have them though. They're in the cabinet in the bathroom"

She went to the bathroom and later came out. We both waited impatiently for the results. She placed the test on the counter and flipped it over to make sure we couldn't see the results yet.

"I think it's been 5 minutes," she said and turned the test over.

"Negative," We said in unison

She sighed with relief "I thought I was pregnant thank goodness I'm not. I don't want to give birth again right now"

"I thought you wanted another baby?" I furrowed my eyebrows

"I do but not right now," she said as she went to the bathroom to throw the pregnancy test away in the trash can.

We had talked for a little while before she went back to work.

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

Two hours later ...

┌────────┐
𝐁𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

"Is this the last box?" I asked Mal and she nodded. I've been helping her pack and carry the boxes into the truck.

I had to wash my hands so I went to the bathroom. I found a stick in the trash can. I picked it up and saw that it was a pregnancy test. I flipped it over and saw that it was positive.

"Is Mal pregnant?" I said talking to myself "She has to be. She's the only one who lives here...Why hasn't she told me? Maybe she isn't ready to tell me yet?" I couldn't help but smile at the thought of becoming a father.

I walked out of the bathroom and found Mal carrying a big and heavy box.

"I'll carry that for you," I said and grabbed the box from her. I thought I had placed all the boxes in the truck.

"No ben it's ok," she said and tried grabbing the box.

"No, it's not you can't carry that"

"Yes I can" she protested

"You can't carry that in your position. It's not safe." I argued

"What? I'm perfectly fine."

"Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You don't have any cravings?"

She furrowed her brows "You're acting strange. What's going on?"

"Fine I know your pregnant you don't have to hide it anymore," I said and left to put the box in the truck.

"Pregnant? I'm not pregnant" she laughed "Who gave you that idea?"

"Yes you are I found a pregnancy test in the trashcan"

"Umm ben that's not mine"

"Then who's is it?"

"It's Evie's but when we saw the test it was negative" she explained

"It's Evie's?"

She nodded "Yeah you sound surprised"

"I am. I thought that you would get pregnant first" I shyly said

"Ben we use protection."

"I know" I frowned

"Why are you sad?"

"I got excited over the idea of being a dad." I looked down in embarrassment "I guess I really wanted a baby."

"If I wanted a baby right now we would have had one by now. Besides, we're not married yet we have plenty of time. " She said and lifted my chin.

"Why don't you want one right now"

"I don't want one right now because giving birth is one of the most painful things and taking care of a child is no picnic"

"How do you know about giving birth and raising a child" I questioned 

Her eyes widened "Oh...umm I know about giving birth because.... my mom told me that it's painful and to never have a kid. Also, I know about how hard it is to raise a kid because I used to care for my brother when he was a baby. I had to take care of him because... my mom didn't care about him." She explained

"Oh okay..." The way she said it was weird. It's like if she's hiding something from me. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

┌────────┐
𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

It was midnight and I had to meet up with two very important people. The map led me to some abandoned house in a forest. Gross. Why meet here in this disgusting place?

I entered the house and removed the black hoodie off my head as I saw she was already waiting for me. The house was barely lit. I was barely able to recognize her as she was sitting on a chair resting her arms on the table in front of her.

"Ah, you finally made it." The woman with horns said as she patted the chair next to her. "I was starting to think you backed out of our deal."

I scoffed "Why would I do that? As long as you keep your end of the deal you're fine. I already did my part now I'm just waiting for both of you."

I huffed angrily and sat down on the chair she patted on "What's taking so long?"

"Patience my dear."

I turned around as I heard someone walk in. "Sorry for being late. I had to... take care of some things." The man with the scar on his right cheek said. He made his way to the table and sat on the chair in front of me.

"Now that both of you are here, get ready. You, Princess, will go meet up with Ben tomorrow and tell him the very exciting news." She smirked as she glanced down at my stomach. "You will have him for yourself."

"And what about me?" Asked the man who sat in front of me "When do I get to have Mal? That was part of the deal."

"Don't worry, dear, you will have her soon. Once Mal finds out about what Ben has done she will come running into your arms."

"But you also want her." He slammed his fist on the table angrily "You better not take her away from me!"

The woman with the horns rolled her eyes "Watch it, or I will send you back from where you came from."

She sighed "All I want is power. And I will get it. Now that both of you are helping me. So prepare yourselves, cause from here, it will only start to get better."

╰────»»❀❀❀««────╯