| 10 | No Choice

────»»❀❀❀««────

┌────────┐
𝐌𝐀𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

Last week at dinner was terrifying. I thought Ben knew about my secret but turns out he saw the question in a magazine.

"What are you thinking about?" Questioned Ben as he saw me lost in thought.

"Just a bit nervous to tell your parents and the whole kingdom."

He grabbed my hand and brought it up to his lips to kiss it. "My parents love you. There's no need to worry about them and the kingdom loves you as well." He reassured me "Let's go downstairs mom and dad are waiting for us to eat breakfast."

"Okay." We headed downstairs and went to the kitchen.

I saw both of them and smiled "Good morning, Belle. Good morning, Adam." I greeted.

"Good morning Mal," they said in unison

Ben greeted his parents before pulling the chair out for me to sit on. We started to eat and soon it was almost time to tell them the news.

Ben cleared his throat. "Mom, Dad, we have to tell you something." Ben reached out and grabbed my hand.

"What is it?" Asked Belle and gave us a questioning look.

"Me and Ben are—" I said before I got cut off by Ben.

"Engaged!!!" He exclaimed excitedly

Belle and Adam gave us the biggest smile. "Congrats you two!"

"I was waiting for this day!" Said Belle excitedly

I chuckled

"When are you going to tell the kingdom" Asked Adam

"Today," Ben said, "In a few hours from now we have a press meeting."

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

Later that day . . .

We finished breakfast about 3 hours ago and I'm here waiting for Ben in our room. He's in his study doing paperwork since he hasn't been able to focus for some reason.

It's been like that for a week. I noticed he hardly slept and was almost always lost in thought. He had dark circles under his eyes and he won't tell me why.

At first, I thought he knew about Malvin but he doesn't. If he did he would've confronted me about it unless he wants me to tell him.

I was out on the balcony and looking over Auradon and the isle. My phone began ringing and saw it was from the isle.

Mal - bold
Malvin - normal

Hey, my little dragon!
Mommy!
Malvin, what's wrong? You sound panicked.
Ann!
What about her? Did something happen?
Car came and-and-and
Calm down, my love...Tell me what happened?
A car came and hit her... She's on the floor, bleeding, a lot!
Where is she?
Outside hideout
And where are you? And where is Evelyn?
The stairs behind the gate. I-I see my dad...
Okay, honey, listen to me. You are going to stay in the hideout with Evelyn and make sure he doesn't see you, okay?
We alone...
No, not for long. I'll go with you right now. Just make sure you stay inside, got it?
Okay, mommy.
Okay stay inside, I'm on my way.
Bye
Bye