| 14 | Family isn't Always Blood

A/N: I'm so excited!!!

Also I'm posting an extra chapter today because tomorrow I'll be very busy and will probably not be on Wattpad! However Sunday I'll most likely post a new chapter!

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

┌────────┐
𝐌𝐀𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

5 days later

Did I tell Ben about Malvin? I tried. I did. This is how it went...

* Flashback *

Attempt #1:

"Hey, Ben," I said as I walked into his study

"Yeah?" He lifted his head up

"I need to tell you something. It's really important..."

"Can it wait?" He asked as he looked down at all the paperwork.

"Uh sure"

Attempt #2:

"Hey, Ben?" I asked once more. He was on his phone texting.

"Yeah?" He asked, looking up to meet my gaze.

"I have to tell you something." I played with my engagement ring.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" He asked

"Well, I—" I was cut off by his phone receiving a notification.

He immediately looked down at his phone. "I have to take this." He said before walking out on me.

Attempt #3:

"Ben?"

"Yeah?" He said, not looking up from his phone.

"Uh—"

He continued texting on his phone.

"Never mind."  He wasn't interested

Attempt #4:

I had gotten Belle to take his phone away from him so that he'd pay attention to what I'd say.

"Ben—" I stopped myself as I realized he was anxious. "Ben, she's not going to eat your phone."

He continued bouncing his leg up and down "What was it you wanted to tell me?" He continuously looked at the door, not even looking at me.

"I wanted to tell you that—"

Someone passed the door. He stood up to see who it was. It was a servant. He groaned as he realized it wasn't his mother with his phone.

* end of flashback *

"What are you thinking about?" Ben asked as I was in our room.

"It's not like you'll listen if I told you." I coldly told him before standing up and grabbing my purse from the bed.

"Where are you going? You're hardly here. You don't even come to bed at night. What's going on?"

"If you actually paid attention to me, then you'd know." I spat and walked out of the room.

Today I have to pick Malvin up from the hospital and Ben still doesn't know. These days he's been so focused on his phone. Something is going on but I'll confront him later. I had taken Belle with me so that she can meet Malvin.