| 28 | The Past and Memories

Unedited - February 6, 2018
Edited - July 27, 2021

TRIGGER WARNING:
- Rape

A/N: I was gonna post yesterday but I didn't finish it.
Updates are going to be random now. Some weeks I'll post a lot and some weeks I probably won't post at all. I'm really sorry.

Anyways this chapter explains what happened on the isle in the past.
Also, it's almost 7,000 words! So it's a long chapter.
If there's any typos let me know!
Hope you enjoy it!

────»»❀❀❀««────

┌────────┐
𝐁𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

A few weeks later . . .

"Are you sure you want to come? You could stay in our room and rest." I told Mal. "You don't have to go."

"No, as Queen I have to attend these meetings. I'm your wife and I have to help you." She told me

"Yeah, but you should rest."

"I've rested for the past weeks. I'm fine."

"No, you were tortured weeks ago. I want you to continue resting and not force yourself."

"It's just a meeting."

"But it could be tiring for you."

"Why don't you want me in there?" She raised an eyebrow

"Cause I'm worried about you."

"The meeting is about me isn't it?"

I looked down, not wanting to lie to her "They want to discuss what happened to you in those four years. I've been postponing this meeting for a long time but I can't keep doing that. They want answers."

"Then we'll tell them the whole truth." She kissed my cheek

"But I'm still worried about your health."

"Ben, I'm fine. I've been healing just fine these last few weeks and you've blown off a lot of your work just to help me."

"Fine," I sighed "But if you start to feel dizzy or nauseous or start feeling bad, we'll both leave immediately."

"Fine."

We made our way to the conference room where the members of the royal council waited for us. I gave her one last kiss on her cheek before entering the room.

They all turned their heads to us. It was clear they were shocked Mal came with me.

"Let's get started, shall we?" I said as we both took our seats

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

"So you spent 4 years with your mother?" Aurora asked Mal

"I guess if you want to put it that way."

"And you willingly went to her?" She questioned

"No, the only reason I went to her was because my life, as well as my kids and Ben's life, were being threatened."

"How do we know she isn't evil?" Queen Leah said "She spent years with her mother! She could've picked something up from her."

"My mother was torturing me! She despised me and I despised her!" Mal yelled angrily "I have scars all over my body to prove it."