You thought I meant Sasuke? Nope, an actual duck is just straight chilling with us.

I looked at the duck. The duck looked back at me.

Sniggering I look at Sasuke. "Hey look, it's your hair stylist!" I giggle causing him to have a major eye twitch.

As I was laughing, and distracted, the mini paint gun was suddenly snatched from my grasp!

I whipped my head round to see the duck running away, with my mini paint gun!

"OI!"

I took off after it, hearing hurried footsteps behind me.

The duck was on the move, avoiding me every time I leapt for it, jumping over my back at one point! I swear, at one point he laughed at me!

Gritting my teeth in anger, I go for one last leap and manage to wrestle him in mid-air! We land on the ground in a heap and I begin to scrabble for my gun.

"Give it back!"

"Lian, leave the duck alone!" Sakura screeched, trying to get me off the duck.

"No! Not until it gives me back my paint gun!" I yelled in protest, struggling as more hands began to try and pull me off him.

"Sasuke..." Sakura said dreamily, her grip loosening slightly.

"Hn..."

"...and Naruto."

"Release me!" I cried as we all fell backwards in a heap.

There was a sudden, loud gulp.

We all looked up from our pile and saw a smug looking duck.

My eye twitched as my teammates all got up from the ground.

"Well, that's that, I guess," said Sakura, arms crossed over her chest. She quickly latched onto Sasuke's arm who tried to pull away, failing miserably. "Come on, let's go back Sasuke!"

My eye continued to twitch.

"Lian?" Naruto said, "Are...are you okay?"

"That duck..." I said, "It...it ate my mini-paint gun..."

I looked at the duck, tilting my head slightly. The duck copied me. He quacked. And that was the final straw.

"You're gonna be my DINNER!" 

But before I could grab him, the duck disappeared from my grasp, flying off into the sky. 

"I'll get my revenge on you, Steve! I swear! Just you wait!"

I continued to dramatically cry in a heap on the floor as we waited for Kakashi and Tazuna to catch up. I refused to talk to anyone or accept any comfort or criticism from my teammates. This was personal.

Damn, now I know how Sasuke feels. That's a scary thought.

"So," Kakashi said when they finally caught up, "Did you get it back?"

I sniffed, "No..."

A mini vortex appeared in the ground in front of me and...another paint gun flew out.

"HUH?!"

"See?" I said, holding up the paint gun, "Told you I was telling you the truth!"

"Huh..." Kakashi said, again, confusion clear on his face, or at least what you can see of it.

"This makes everything better!" I grinned, "Let's go!"

But of course it couldn't stay like this, we couldn't just be happy, could we? The world isn't like that, the world is cruel and bitter and likes to teach us lessons. So, of course, this happy moment where I had my weapon returned to me, of course, it wouldn't last. Everything good must come to an end. You have to have bad days so the good ones will shine brighter. And perhaps I am being overly dramatic for a comedic effect, or perhaps I am just dramatic, but... it is what it is, I guess.

Or, in short, the paint gun was once again snatched from my hands.

A wooshing sound goes by me, I turn around and look to the sky to see...

"STEVE!" I scream, jumping up and down, "Bring that back here, right now!"

"You named him Steve?"

"Not now, Kakashi!"

And, once again, the paint gun was eaten. And the Steve let out a quacking laugh, very duck-like.

I deadpanned, collapsing to the floor.

"This isn't fair..." I mumble.

"Come on, or we'll leave you behind," said Kakashi, patting my back.

"Hmph..."

He sighs. "I'll treat you to some pancakes when we get back."

And we were off!