Continue of the preliminary round

(Lian's POV)

"What's the next match?" I asked Naruto as Kakashi took Sasuke away to do something along the lines of a curse mark or something...

"Oh lian... Weren't you listening?" Sakura muttered.

"You expect me to pay attention now?" I questioned.

She sighed, "never mind..."

"It's Gwen and Den vs one of the sound ninja dudes..." Naruto answered for me.

"Wait, both of them are fighting one guy?" I questioned in confusion.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Shikanaru greet.

"Hey, why's gwen and den both fighting one guy?" I asked him.

"Well, nearly all of their skills are combined, they're almost the same person in a way and depend on each other." Shikamaru explained, "They'll both go into battle together when they rank up. They'll have to."

"But why?" Sakura asked.

"Because, like I already said, they're the same person almost." the laziest boy I know explained, scratching his head. "That's why Lian was put into their team and not anyone else's in the beginning. To logically even things out. But her sensei didn't like her so she got moved and since Nat and the other's sensei is a complete loon, she didn't know about Gwen and Den being the same and try to train them separately. From what I've heard, they don't do very well on their own..."

"Wow..." I muttered ,"That's the longest sentence I've ever heard you say!!" I cried and hugged shikamaru. "I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!"

"Let the third match! Begin!" Hayate declared "ahhhh heeeeeh."

What's this dude s name again??

He did that dance off with Naruto!!!

"Lorence." Gwen greeted.

"Toreno." Den finished.

"We are gonna kick your ass!" The two twins yelled in sinc.

"Why am I having to fight two people?" Lorence complained to Hayate who was currently having a coughing fit.

"Is that a...problem?" Lorence's sensei asked, glaring at him.

The tall once confident boy shrank down and muttered a "No sensei..." Before getting ready to fight.

"I will beat you two. So, do your worst." Lorence grinned, taking out a paper bomb.

It feels really weird watching people fight. Is this how it felt watching me? Up in the stands, worrying for your friends and team mates?

...nah! They had nothing to worry about!

I was totally gonna win!!

Lorence threw the paper bomb attacked the kunia knifes inbetween Gwen and Den who put their arms over each other's shoulders and jumped twice as high as a normal genin would.

"I see what you mean by combining their powers now..." I muttered, tilting my head to the side.

HOLD UP!!!

THIS IS NOT ME!!!

BEING SILENT IN THE STANDS?!?!?

HELL TO THE NO!!!

"COME ON GWEN AND DEN!!!!" I cheered like a psycho maniac, jumping up and down like a crazy loon. "BEAT LORENCE'S ASS!!!!....so, how's it going Lorence? Practiced your dancing lately?"

"Man, she's messed up..." I heard Fizzy, Lorence's only girl team mate, mutter to her other team mate.

"Yeah, I know, right?" he muttered but his voice was...really high! Higher than mine!