Chapter 36: Lorelei's p.o.v.

Everything burned again. I felt my lungs straining to keep up. The grating was severed and it was not going to hold him and me. I pulled my self up for a second to take a deep breath. I hoped it didn't look as bad to Loki, as it felt. I'd already heard him go off a couple of times. I let myself down and the grating splintered and snapped. "Woah!" I felt it release and drop us. "Lorelei!" Loki screamed. I hit the grate and blacked out for a second and hoped Loki hadn't felt the impact. I kept trying to breath but nothing came in. I can't breath, I can't breath, I'm suffocating. I rolled over and the air finally filled my lungs. I saw Banner on his back not moving. I tried to go over, there was a shooting pain in my ankle. I looked aback and a small piece of grating was on my ankle. I shoved it off and crawled over. I quickly realized it was either a sprain or a crush injury. Either one was going to seriously impede on anything I needed to do. "Hey, wake up, c'mon. Show me you're alive." His eyes opened, but they were green instead of brown. I hadn't known him long but that was not normal. "Dr. Banner." "Run," he mumbled. "What?" "Run!" he shouted. "I can't." He rolled over and grabbed the back of his head. Yeah, here's another not normal, flesh turning green. "Holy, crud." I got up and started limping towards the empty corridor. Everything was dark. I looked down at my neck and somehow, made the thing glow again. I heard something behind me that sounded like lions crossed with me on a Monday morning. I turned around and snapped the wheels back in. I ignored the pain and slid down, braking when it sounded like the roaring was coming from all around me. My eyes darted around. I felt something tackle me. It was big, green, what I assumed to be the hulk.