Chapter 12: Lorelei's p.o.v.

I felt every part of me burning. My arms were killing me from holding up Loki. I felt tears streaming down my face. He looked somewhere between shocked and scared. Probably because he didn't think I was this strong. I could feel my arms screaming to put him down, to give them a break, even if just for a second. "Loki!" Thor shouted, I assume he'd finished his call and come looking for us. I dropped him, he sat there coughing for a second. "What did you do that for!" Thor yelled at me. I wasn't really sure why, so I didn't answer. "It, it wasn't her fault." "Really wasn't it?" I saw marks on his neck from where his shirt had compressed the skin. "Lorelei, I am so sorry." I felt another bout of tears coming and I didn't intend to look like a wimp in front of two Asgardian Demigods. I turned around and ran, my apartment was only two blocks away and it although it felt terrible running from my troubles, from my brother. I couldn't stay, every moment I spent with him I realized how badly I stuck out, how poorly I fit in, how much I'd never belong.
I walked up to my apartment and grabbed my keys out of my pocket and reached to slide them in the keyhole when someone grabbed me from behind. I could tell it wasn't Loki or Thor because whoever it was, smelled like smoke. Really strongly, like they'd just been in a fire. I felt them clamp their hand over my mouth. I tried screaming, and failed. "You thought you could get away? Thanos doesn't take well to rejection Loki." His voice was hoarse and familiar. I realized something, one of the fingers felt like it was in the wrong place, like four fingers and two thumbs, like a Chitauri. I kicked and wormed. I managed to hit something, it yelped and let go of my mouth. "LOKI!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "You little brat, I know it's you." My eyes where darting back and forth. I saw Loki turn the corner and look at me. He grabbed his staff out of its holder and said, "Put her down you foul beast. Your quarrel is with me, not her." It turned me around and looked at me, back at Loki, back at me. I smiled. "Put her down." "Why do you care Loki?" "Because she's my sister." I could see it smile deviously. "Oh, really? A sister? Thanos will be interested." "Will you put me down ya, pig faced buffoon!" "Lorelei!" He's surprised I have no control over my mouth? He aimed his staff thing at me and the Chitauri swung me around and used me as a shield also he put his arm cannon to my head. "Loki, if you'd be so kind as to not hit me." I saw another one walk up with something that looked like a, "Oh," "Lorelei mouth." "That's your biggest concern right now?" I felt something jab against my back and let out what felt like sticking a fork in an electrical socket. Yes, I've done that. All I could do was scream before I blacked out.