Chapter 25: Loki's p.o.v.

I, at times, regret only throwing Stark out a window. Grinding him under my heel might have worked better. I saw Lorelei get up and follow agent Romanoff. I, of course, followed Lorelei. After what happened I don’t feel comfortable leaving her alone for long. I grabbed my staff on the way out and tripped Stark with it. “Hey!” “Hey what?” I slid my staff into it’s holder on my back and started climbing. A little more than halfway up, Lorelei stopped. “Are you okay?” she didn’t respond. “Lorelei?” I looked down at the floor which is one Stark and a little under 20 feet beneath us. I looked back up and saw Lorelei close her eyes. “Guys, why’d we stop?” I braced myself between the wall and the ladder. “Loki,” She whimpered. I saw her drop into my arms. Agent Romanoff looked down, “Do you need me to get her?” “No, not yet, I’m too far down.” I wrapped her arms around my neck. “If you can hear me, hold on.” I leaned forward and grabbed the next rung while holding on to her with my other arm. I felt her squeeze my neck a little. I pulled my self over and started making my way up the ladder. Once I was close enough I handed her, with a little resistance, to Agent Romanoff. I got up and walked over to the seats. She sat Lorelei down next to me. I wrapped my arm around her, leaned my head back, and after a few minutes, and a couple interruptions, fell asleep.