"Mom and dad are out at the movies, it's date night and Taylor still isn't back from Katie's.".

"She may as well move to Katie's house." he joked leaving the kitchen.

    I wasn't even finished with my cereal when I started getting an incoming videocall on skype. It was Zayn. I quickly hit answer and after a few seconds his face popped up. "First and foremost I want to say that I am sorry for not getting back to you in a week, I've just been busy moving in and all and then furniture shopping and spending time with my mum, you know I rarely see her."

"Okay, but you could have text me saying you're busy atleast so I didn't look pathetic texting you."

"I'm sorry, and there is something else, that's been bothering me for a week now." He rubbed the nape of his neck.

"What is it? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I am yes, it's just management last week gave me an ultimatum, you, or my career." He didn't look into the camera as he said this.

"You're kidding me... what did I ever do to them?"

"They don't like the bad press that we are getting when I do stupid things like flip on paparazzi and people think you're the cause of it because you're around when it happens, now I'm not saying I think like that, I'm just-" I cut him off.

"Choose your career." I said for him.

"What? I wasn't going to choose one or the other."

"So I'm choosing for you. I am not going to be some pawn in this ultimatum. A whole week you ignored me Zayn, you say you weren't going to choose one or the other but it seems like you were thinking about it alot more then you claim."

"Lauren-"

"No." I shook my head. "And plus, I don't know when I'm going to see you again. And I have a job now, I'm trying to save up to go to college in Spring and I need to stay focused on that not when you're going to call me next." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes and I bit on my bottom lip to keep them from escaping. "And that's what you should be focusing on too, your career."

"I can have both Lauren! I've been having both." His voice cracked and I can see the glint of tears in Zayn's eyes and his bottom lip was slightly trembling. "I know, but I can't." Just saying that made me break down.

"Look at you Lauren, you're crying. You don't even want to do this." he said and the pain in his voice wasn't easy to overlook. I nodded. "This is what I want to do, what I need to do."

"Lauren, please. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for avoiding you this week, I was just, I don't know.... confused."

"Well you don't have to be anymore Zayn. I'm setting you free."

"Fucking stop." he pleaded. "I don't need to be "set free" I'm not some prisoner." And it was strange, it was like something in his eyes flickered. "You know what, fine. Fine. You're right. This relationship is costly. You flying to me, me flying to you."

"Right..." I said wiping at my tears.

"I am sorry for, for being such a burden.."

"You were never a burden Zayn," I said. Zayn looked away from the screen and I knew he was wiping away his tears. He looked back at me and sniffled. "I just wish this wasn't over skype." he said. I nodded in agreeance but I couldn't say much more. "I guess goodbye?" he said. I had nothing left in me so I just gave him a limp wave and he was the first to disconnect.

    I sat there at a loss for words trying to figure out how this happened and I shook my head trying to process everything but I ended up just crying myself to sleep. I did this all for him, I didn't want him to feel like he had to choose and even though I knew his career was the obvious choice I didn't want him to choose between me because I knew even though I wasn't even a legitimate option to weigh it'd still hurt a little when he made a decision.