9. Zayn's Ultimatum

Start from the beginning

I walked up to the boys house and tried to walk in, the door was locked so I started to knock. I heard a tv on inside but no one was opening it. "Hello?! Zayn?" I knocked again, eventually it opened and Liam was standing there wearing a butlers outfit. I didn't question it. "Oh Liam thank God. It's raining out here!" I gestured behind me, it was pouring. A few seconds ago it was bright and sunny. "I'm sorry but do I know you? Is anyone expecting you?" he asked, his accent extremely thick. "It's me Lauren. Liam! It's Lauren! You know that. Stop playing games. Where's Zayn?" Liam turned around and I saw Zayn laying in a California King bed cuddled up with another girl and I immediately felt sick to my stomach. "ZAYN?!" I shouted. I ran past Liam and into the house. "Security! Another fan broke in!" Zayn shouted. "Zayn?! It's me! It's Lauren." My voice was cracking and suddenly I was being lifted and carried out of the house. The security guards were Harry and Niall. "ZAYN!" I shouted again, tears streaking down my face. The girl that was with Zayn finally sat up and looked me right in the eyes. It was Madison. "Is Louis finished polishing my grammy yet?" and suddenly her voice become an echo. "He should be babe." Zayn kissed Madison right on the lips.

    I blinked my eyes open rapidly, and started taking in gulps of air, that's when I realized we were landing. Camila was doodling in a notebook, she always got nervous during landing for some reason or another and found security in doodling. I glanced over at Normani and she seemed to have made acquaintances with the elderly woman next to her. "I had the weirdest dream." I breathed, placing my hand on my sweaty forehead. "I assumed so, you said "It's me!" like four times. I didn't want to wake you though." Camila spoke, her focus still on the pen and paper before her.

"Yeah, it's me." Camila turned to me and raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"

"Nothing." I shook my head.

     After we caught our luggage, we were greeted by Dinah and Ally. "We missed ya'll!" Ally cheered and then her and Dinah came running at us in a group hug. "How was the trip?" Ally asked.

"Great! I got some sun," Normani framed her face.

"How many times do I have to tell you, you can't tan." Dinah said, then she turned to me. "I saw that video online of Zayn flipping out. Is he alright?" she asked me. I nodded.

"He was just stressed and had enough of the paparazzi and them yanking my arm didn't really help the situation much." I defended.

"They titled the video Zayn took lessons from Kanye."

"I mean the paparazzi are disgusting. I don't blame Kanye and I don't Zayn." Normani shrugged.

     I didn't even bother watching the video for myself. I lived it, why watch it. and I didn't go onto twitter to see his name trending and read the negatives that people who didnt even know him had to say. Instead I sat on my bed wishing I was back there in California with him. Well, that's all I wanted at the time.

ZAYN'S POV:

    "You have to end things with Lauren." Steve said. I just stared at him as I bit on a pencil. We just finished watching my spazz attack on the paparazzi and reading the comments and what other sites had to say about the situation. Everything happened three days ago."Did you hear me?" Steve asked. None of the guys were here, it was just me, Steve and a few others that were in higher demand. "I heard you." I said and went back to chomping down on the pencil. "Alright then why aren't you saying anything?" he asked. I took the pencil from my mouth and examined the bite marks, "Well because I think that's absolutely stupid." I shrugged.

"Lauren, while I have met her twice and think she's a nice girl, I don't think she's fit for your lifestyle. I've mentioned this to you before, you need someone in the industry, someone who understands, someone that is fast paced and capable of understanding the paparazzi and everything the career brings."

"Again, that's stupid. I think it's better to date someone outside of the industry; you feel more humane that way." I defended.

"People are getting tired of this image you're digging yourself into. Who's more important to you? The girl, or the career." Tasha asked. I chuckled.

"You're really not making me choose."

"Oh but we are, you have your ultimatum laid out in front of you, and I'd think smart. You are under our control, in case you forgot, got some time until your contract ends." Steve pushed his seat out and one by one they all left me there with my thoughts.

     I didn't decide so they decided to give me a week more to figure things out and then I had to answer. My career that made me into who I am today, that helped me meet my four best mates, the career that helped me afford a home for my family, my career that without it I wouldn't have met Lauren. Lauren who I am in love with, the girl who makes me the happiest I've been, the girl who through all my stupidity sees the good in me still, and the girl whose laugh was actual music to my ears. I started pacing back and fourth frustrated. Fuck you Modest! Management.