46: The one

"He may be gone but that doesn't mean I can just forget about him and move on with my life. Haven't you ever loved a person and if they were gone you would feel like a mess?" I asked him.

He bit his lip for quite a while thinking, Then he finally spoke. "No, I haven't. Because it's pointless to mourn about someone who's already gone and will never come back"

Jungkook turns around and walks the opposite direction of me as the bell rang. He marched to his class.

I quickly locked my locker and did the same.

First it was science, I was glad he wasn't in this class, but what bothered me was that I had to sit next to him in Math.

Jungkook's POV

I was furious, why would she still care about him even after it was a long time since he was gone? It's not like he's going to come back.

But at the same time I felt guilty, I didn't want to shout at Meiko. She's my only love and I would not like to her upset.

I guess I have to apologize to her since I can't think of anything else to do to make her a little happy. I don't want her to hate me.. that's the last thing I would want.

I intertwined my fingers and leaned my forehead on it while waiting for her to enter the classroom.

Please come..

Please come..

I closed my eyes shut and waited a few more minutes till she finally came. She apologized to the teacher for coming late and then sat next to me.

She didn't give me eye contact at all and continued to do her own work.

I cleared my throat and gathered up the courage to finally tell her.

"I'm sorry.." I said with a frown on my face.

She continued to ignore me.

"I don't know what has gotten into me.. I just don't want to see a person like you being upset that's all.."

She quickly turned her head to me. "Then what about the part where you said it was pointless to be upset?"

I bit my lip and look away for a few seconds. "I..I didn't mean it.. I was just angry about something else and put all the anger out on you" I say to her.

She takes a deep breath and nods with a slight smile, signaling she forgiven me.

The teacher says she had to leave early and the rest of the class was free so a substitute teacher came to watch over and did a small lecture that the students can choose whether to listen or not. I decided to do my homework from my previous class to pass the time.

Meiko's POV

I didn't know what to do during the free class. Everyone was talking to each other but I still didn't feel comfortable talking to Jungkook. So I just waiting patiently for the class to be finished.

I rolled my eyes slowly to where Jungkook was. I want to see what he was doing out of curiosity.

He seemed to be writing a paragraph, probably for his homework.

I didn't care at first but then I noticed something rather familiar...

His handwriting.

I've seen that handwriting before, the way he writes capital L and capital I. Yes, it's from those notes.

Don't tell me he's the secret admirer?