36

~ Dominic

I woke up and Mercy was still fast asleep. Looks like it worked. Instead of waking her up, I just got up and went to the bathroom so I could do my hygiene. It really only took me 30 minutes to get cleaned and dressed.

"Damn you still sleep? Lemme just..."

I reached over and made sure she was alive. When I saw her chest moving, I backed up and covered her up with the cover. Remembering Shauna was gone made me remember it was Andrew's surgery today. I groaned and went downstairs. Today I was suppose to get Mercy a phone too.

"Dom!"

Rushing back upstairs, I busted into the room to see what was wrong. Mercy latched onto me and I picked her up sighing.

"I'm sorry — I got scared again," she said sniffling.

"It's good. I'm glad you up. I need you to go clean up and meet me downstairs," I say carrying her into the bathroom.

"Okay..."

"You want me to stay in here," I asked sitting her on the sink.

She looked down and dug her nails into her thighs nodding her head.

"Aye stop. Why you do that," I ask frowning at her.

"I-I don't know," she said sliding off the sink.

"Well Imma sit on the sink until you finish. Promise I won't look at you," I said pulling out my phone.

Me: bruh do me sum [Delivered 10:33 AM]

Zay🔫🤦🏾‍♂️🤙🏾‼️: What's up? I'm in class 🙄😪 [10:34 AM]

Me: go buy ma a phone. i got u when u bring it💸nd then we gon ride up to ya school so i can handle mines💯💯 [Delivered 10:35 AM]

Zay🔫🤦🏾‍♂️🤙🏾‼️: Ok nigga bet but whats goin down😈🤔 [10:35 AM]

Me: you gon see💯 [Delivered 10:36 AM]

Zay🔫🤦🏾‍♂️🤙🏾‼️: 😈bop bop [10:36 AM]

Me: 🤦🏾‍♂️ [Delivered 10:36 AM]

I stopped texting and clicked my home button. That's when I started smirking. My home screen was that picture Mercy took of herself on my phone and my lock screen was the one with both of us.

"What are you smiling at," she asked peeking at my phone.

When she saw she smiled and I grabbed her chin kissing her.

"Go on now before I decide to join you in there," I say.

She chuckled and started stripping. I peeked a little. Her body was sexy so I couldn't help myself. I almost would've let her go without staring but I saw something unusual.

"What's that," I asked hopping off the sink and grabbing her hand.

"W-What do you mean." She acted dumb.

I looked at her thigh where she'd been digging earlier and there were a few cuts and her nails. I probably didn't see them earlier because of her damn basketball shorts but this shit was not okay. She must've known I was pissed because she held
her head down and turned away from me.

"Mercy...the fuck is wrong with you?! I should beat yo ass. Damn. You told me you wasn't gon do shit last night. Yo ass lied to me. Why?!" My nose flared.

"I'm sorry," she said, "I just didn't know what else to do and I was mad at myself," she said crying.

"No. You never do that. When you feel like that you come to me. Ma, I'll listen. Shit, you
don't ever hurt yourself! Stop crying because you should've never did that," I said glaring at her.

"Please don't hit me," she said backing away from me. I stopped. She did look scared and I was acting like I was going to hit her but I wouldn't. I was just so mad.

Taking a deep breath, I grabbed her and pulled her into
my chest.

"I won't ever hit you...unless we're playing around and you hit my face," I joke.

As I'm holding her, she's shaking.

"You know I care about you. That's why I act wild when you don't tell me this type of shit. I...I really care about you, Mercy and I
just don't want you hurt anymore. I'm sorry I yelled at you baby. Can you forgive me," I ask.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I cut myself. I won't do it again."

When she pulled away, I kissed her again. She kissed me back and placed her hands on my face.

"Come on now. We do have places to be and if we keep on...let's just get you clean," I say.

Mercy nodded her head and got in the shower.

...

Mercy was upstairs doing her hair when Isaiah came.

"What's up D? I got the phone," he said walking in the house, heading for the stairs.

"Aye chill nigga. My girl upstairs. We gon sit in the kitchen," I say, dragging him away from the stairs.

"My bad. I forgot for a second," he mumbles.

We sit at the counter and I open the box looking at the phone. It was an iPhone 7s — the same as me. Just as I was about to call Mercy downstairs, she was already on her way. She was wear some jeans, her red Timberlands, a white shirt and a red jacket.

"Damn yo fit fye as fuck," Isaiah said staring Mercy down.

I kissed my teeth and smacked Isaiah in the back of his head. Who did this nigga think he was eyeing my girl? He must've lost his mind.

"Got yo phone, Ma," I said giving her the phone.

"Thanks Dom," she smiled at me as she gave me a big hug.

I sat her on my lap. When she saw Isaiah she waved saying, "Hey Zay."

He nodded his head and she started setting up her phone. She was done after a few minutes and I was ready to head over to that school and beat the shit out of Marcus.